Join for free
View Poll Results: Which Is Your Favourite Season?
Spring 16 57.14%
Summer 4 14.29%
Autumn 8 28.57%
Winter 1 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2009, 04:50 PM

Re: Which Is Your Favourite Season?

I LOVE very hot weather, and we didn't get our fair share this Summer ...
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2009, 07:18 PM

Spring for me too as I hate winter's cold dreary days and it means Summer is just around the corner....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2009, 08:20 PM

It's funny/interesting how people feel abut different seasons, isn't it? That's the way I feel about Autumn, Suey, it's a beautiful season, granted, but it means Winter is just around the corner! Brrrr!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2009, 08:41 PM

Summer for me too!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

13-09-2009, 08:54 PM

I'd like to live in a warmer place with no Winter to speak of, but would not want to leave Washington. A former co worker retired to Florida, and she has alligators in the canal behind their house, not to mention flying cockroaches, mosquitoes and hurricanes!
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2009, 09:29 PM

Well if I had to be pinned down, I would say autumn (and voted for that).

However, I like all seasons. Each has their own special charm, and to be honest I don't think I could live somewhere that didn't have all 4 seasons.

Spring - the promise of things to come (me)

Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world. ~Virgil A. Kraft

Summer - long lazy days (me)

If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance. ~Bern Williams

Autumn - colours and harvests, preparing for the winter to come (me)
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

Winter - snuggling up warm, watching the wind, rain and snow outside and feeling secure (me)
Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home. ~Edith Sitwell

So, would I ever want to live where there are no seasons? No! Never! Variety is the spice of life.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

15-12-2009, 09:48 PM

It is funny how people differ; I'd love perpetual Summer! But my aunt who moved to California came back East simply because she missed the change of seasons.
Elsbells
Suffolk
Elsbells is female  Elsbells has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2009, 10:47 PM

Winter got my vote I've always loved the snow and frost.............but ask me in a few years time when I'm not so steady on me pins and you might get a different answer
Tondi
USA
Tondi is female  Tondi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2009, 03:47 PM

Autumn as it is not as hot and humid with cooler mornings to go out riding my bicycle.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2009, 10:11 AM

I prefer Autumn and Winter! I like the darker nights - much more cosier

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top