Join for free
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 02:06 PM

Insurance

The new policies for the upcoming year have arrived and i am very happy with the figures - £73ish pa for each of the cats and £155 for Dinah-dog, with a maximum of £7000 vet fees per illness or event. It's with Axa and I have made a deliberate decision not to go for the gold standard in Pet Plan or similar - taken a calculated risk I suppose.

What are your views on pet insurance? Do ypou think it gives peace of mind, or do you think it's a rip-off? Do you think the wider use of insurance is pushing up vet fees?
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 02:58 PM

Re: Insurance

Don't know DM. I've never had pet insurance before Kizzy and we decided to carry on with the plan that CP took out for her. I am in a state of peace of mind atm, but insurance is only good when it pays out when needed. I suppose I took note of the case of little Mousie on Catsey and decided PetPlan must be a good company to go with.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 03:05 PM

Rocky's almost doubled with M&S !

I asked them why and they said they go up each year with the age of the dog :-/
Carole
New Member!
Glasgow
Carole is female 

08-08-2009, 05:59 PM

It costs us more to insure Star and Finn a month than it does the car Our policies are with More Than (Star) at £26 a month and M&S (Finn) at £28 a month. We are tied to both more so with Finn as he has an slight seasonal allergy and any change rules out cover for skin problems

I feel that I need it more so for those unexpected accidents that require immediate vet treatment and end up in the hundreds of pounds and old age illnesses.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 08:47 PM

I've forgotten exactly what my rate is as it's automatically charged to my credit card annually, but think it's about $145.00. I've never had to use it, thank God, but well worth it for the peace of mind.
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

08-08-2009, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Rocky's almost doubled with M&S !

I asked them why and they said they go up each year with the age of the dog :-/
I found this when my renewal was up - I voted with my feet and went to Tesco...... so there

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top