Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 08:56 AM

A monday 'morning'

-and looking outside the window more snow had gone-so fingers crossed! Be safe if you have to go out!
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 09:50 AM

Re: A monday 'morning'

...........and from a different part of E Anglia we did have a bit of a thaw yesterday but its snowing again now where am I going on my Hollibobs in Sept...... an Alaskan cruise...please dont laugh

Jeanette

for Christian" its another Holland America
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 10:10 AM

I think an Alaskan cruise would be wonderful. And, as you start off knowing what you are going to get, I don't think it's a daft idea not to go tropical, at all.
Warmer *ahem* here too, snow and ice are in retreat but heavy snow forecast for tomorrow, as I think it is throughout the south and west. We'll see.

We had a grand start to the day, which involved the falling of a full cup of coffee onto the cream bedroom carpet (with a winging of the pillow, bolster, underblanket, sheet and clothes in a drawer under the bed) I won't allocate any blame or hold anyone responsible, just say that it wasn't on my side of the bed All appears well now - hoorah for stain-treated fibres.

My task for the day is to make a start on the insurance claim for the holiday-that-wasn't. I'm also ordering a couple more raised beds for the allotment, so that is a plus duty. Soon be time to think about sowing early crops!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 01:02 PM

Morning Christian and All

Not much thawing here but I can see grass clumps thru' some of the snow! Pavements are still iced over though and treacherous to walk on!

Hope you all will enjoy your day.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 01:38 PM

Morning all

Its still deep snow here, we have had a snow plough down as far as the house and OH is trying to get the car up the track (not doing very well though).

The park has re-opened, abandoning our stock take but they have just told me not to come in until Saturday when we will review the situation. So I will be able to spend more time with the pups before Yandi goes to her new home.

I also think an Alaskan Cruise would be a wonderful experience, I have never fancied a cruise but that or a Norwegian Fjord cruise I would love!

Have a good day all!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 01:47 PM

Good grief
Look at this lot and their No Pants Day
Not for me thanks!
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
Good grief
Look at this lot and their No Pants Day
Not for me thanks!
I saw that this morning, I think its quite funny, but wouldn't do it at this time of the year!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 02:49 PM

G'day all, I've been on a chain gang for 2 days, . . pick and shovel stuff, . . the ice is 5 inches deep at the side of our road at our gates, . . the forecast is'nt too good for at least another 8 days so I did'nt fancy more snow laying on top of such thick ice, . . anyways, it's lifted now, . . scattered across the road and the traffic's breaking up the lumps great.

Meanwhile the council are spreading ash all over the place, no salt just ash I suppose it'll give your feet a better grip on the icy pavements.

I have heard a rumour, . . I stress a rumour, that the MOD had ordered 10,000 tons of salt last November which was delivered to an MOD depot in Stirling, it's a massive storage area the army uses for supplies etc, . . the word is a mistake was made by the MOD when placing the order, someone put an extra zero on the tonnage form resulting in 100,000 tons being delivered instead of 10,000 tons.

The word is that it can't be touched and the rumour is being denied, . . I wonder if the press could do an investigative story on this one.
Elsbells
Suffolk
Elsbells is female  Elsbells has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 05:09 PM

We've had a good thaw in this part of Suffolk today ........Oh yes and my father died last night
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2010, 05:24 PM

Morning, all! Well, it is morning here, and sunny and a whisker warmer than yesterday - -4 (25 F) and no winds, so looking better. Still haven't ventured out other than to rescue the paper and put out the trash/recycling, fill the bird feeder; cannot abide the bitter cold. Tomorrow's supposed to be better so will try for the market, low on fruit/vegetables and juice. No news at all here!

Elsbells, I'm sorry at the loss of your father.

MORE snow in some parts ...enough is enough, or is this the dawning of a new ice age??! Roll on Spring ... or at least a January thaw. Stay warm and dry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top