Join for free
Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 04:47 PM

Re: Female Doctor Who

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree and what worries me is that all programmes will soon be this way.
I'd rather see more like it if it can help people feel better towards others or about themselves. Having parented black and white children we had to look long and hard for positive books and tv shows for the black children, most of it was slanted towards white. Now we can get books and tv for black white, disabled, gay or straight it's absolutely brilliant.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 12:27 PM

Well, I gave Dr Who another try, and it started off promisingly enough as an amusing twist on "Alien". Instead of a dark and ominous ship we had a lovely, well-lit and spotless ship. Instead of a vicious beastie eating the crew we got a cute monster eating the actual ship. Instead of a man with a 'chest-burster' killing him we had a man giving birth to a baby. They even blew the beastie out of the airlock as happened in "Alien"... but I just found it bland and slightly boring.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Well, I gave Dr Who another try, and it started off promisingly enough as an amusing twist on "Alien". Instead of a dark and ominous ship we had a lovely, well-lit and spotless ship. Instead of a vicious beastie eating the crew we got a cute monster eating the actual ship. Instead of a man with a 'chest-burster' killing him we had a man giving birth to a baby. They even blew the beastie out of the airlock as happened in "Alien"... but I just found it bland and slightly boring.
Sounds absolutely gripping!

Glad I didn't see it, and I have no intention of watching it in future!

I think this must be a BBC project to turn us all into little snowflakes!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Each to his own. I found it entertaining & far better than the endless cookery & cop programs.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Each to his own. I found it entertaining & far better than the endless cookery & cop programs.
Yes we enjoyed it too, tbh when we didn't enjoy Dr Who the matt smith era we just stopped watching, we didn't try and make it change to suit us. Now it has changed and we like it again I'm a bit disappointed in the reaction of some other people. Watch it if you enjoy it, watch something else if you don't is how we treat tv shows.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes we enjoyed it too, tbh when we didn't enjoy Dr Who the matt smith era we just stopped watching, we didn't try and make it change to suit us. Now it has changed and we like it again I'm a bit disappointed in the reaction of some other people. Watch it if you enjoy it, watch something else if you don't is how we treat tv shows.
I hadn't watched it since they got rid of David Tennant, he was brilliant. Was told the new series was good so thought I'd give it a go & yes, I do like it.
I only watch things I like too.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 04:40 PM

If you think Dr Who is bad try watching Spanish TV then you will see why British TV any of the channels are far superior
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
If you think Dr Who is bad try watching Spanish TV then you will see why British TV any of the channels are far superior
Oh dear. That does sound bad.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
What's wrong with that, it's history after all, just like the Rosa Parks episode.
I don't see the point in analysing programs to death. People do it with books & films too. It's entertainment.
I'm afraid I'll have to disagree, it's not entertainment, I see it as pedalling a certain agenda. History such as Rosa Parks' Civil Rights campaign and the forthcoming story about the Indian partition should be taught in schools properly, not be trying to educate the populace of such histories masquerading under the guise of a frivolous TV show.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

09-11-2018, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I'm afraid I'll have to disagree, it's not entertainment, I see it as pedalling a certain agenda. History such as Rosa Parks' Civil Rights campaign and the forthcoming story about the Indian partition should be taught in schools properly, not be trying to educate the populace of such histories masquerading under the guise of a frivolous TV show.
We beg to disagree then & you don't have to watch Dr Who, there are many other channels.

Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top