Join for free
Page 18 of 23 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2019, 11:34 PM

Re: Brexiteer or Remainer? Give us your reasons!

Originally Posted by fender ->
Yep,

I think we got that a few posts back...........
Perhaps but the Brexit threads are all about regularly repeating stuff we have already said!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Perhaps but the Brexit threads are all about regularly repeating stuff we have already said!
It is for you because you have no valid points to make , fail to back up or justify the points you attempt to make and fail to recognise when you are wrong, out of your depth or otherwise mistaken and fail to take on board the vaccuousness of your contributions.

We've tried to help you and inform you Annie, but it's like you're not capable of taking on new ideas , thoughts or concepts......So you just repeat yourself, again and again and again.

Must be an Age thing!
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
The Queen of England is also the Queen of Scotland.
And.....
After Independence she (or he!) still will be.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It was also supposed to be once in a lifetime...
That was a just soundbite by the then FM during the campaign, as well you know ( a foot in mouth moment if ever there was one). You’ll search in vain for that quote in any of the legislation, so please...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
That was a just soundbite by the then FM during the campaign, as well you know ( a foot in mouth moment if ever there was one). You’ll search in vain for that quote in any of the legislation, so please...
Its the soundbite from Sturgeon and Alex Salmond - their words - just like the soundbites in the EU referendum. Once again the SNP try and revise history and pass the buck.

What would we expect from the SNP who are a one policy party? They are a bunch of lightweights and should be voted out, they are useless. It's no wonder they lost 13 seats to the conservatives in the last election
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland

13-08-2019, 12:14 PM

Its the soundbite from Sturgeon and Alex Salmond - their words - just like the soundbites in the EU referendum. Once again the SNP try and revise history and pass the buck.

What would we expect from the SNP who are a one policy party? They are a bunch of lightweights and should be voted out, they are useless. It's no wonder they lost 13 seats to the conservatives in the last election
Since you take sound bites literally, here’s another one for you- “Britain’s continued membership is a boost for the world and for Europe “ That was Boris that was, so I can sleep easy again?!
The “one policy” bollocks is another soundbite (Ruth Davidson, who is very astute and is no Boris lover, used that ). You could also google SNP policies to see the false hood of that particular claim. Also have a wee look at recent Scottish opinion polls.
I say this knowing you won’t, just remember Brexit changes everything my friend.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Your assumption that the reasons I gave are not mine also is just that, AN ASSUMPTION, just like all your others without evidence.

Still wriggling and no answer's because you don't have any to counter those given.
I've googled some strong arguments for leave.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/brexit-0
https://mises.org/wire/benefits-brexit
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Since you take sound bites literally, here’s another one for you- “Britain’s continued membership is a boost for the world and for Europe “ That was Boris that was, so I can sleep easy again?!
The “one policy” bollocks is another soundbite (Ruth Davidson, who is very astute and is no Boris lover, used that ). You could also google SNP policies to see the false hood of that particular claim. Also have a wee look at recent Scottish opinion polls.
I say this knowing you won’t, just remember Brexit changes everything my friend.
How many other policies have the SNP put through parliament ?
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland

13-08-2019, 06:14 PM

How many other policies have the SNP put through parliament ?
Easy enough to Google Scottish Parliament to see what bills have been passed throughout the years, but I presume you mean Westminster , in which case you could plough through SNP voting records.
Of course you’d like me to try that but then you’ll just come out with your usual “that’s not what I asked!” and so on and so on... You’re like a wee kid that asks “why” all the time until the parents give in. It’s not clever, it’s very hollow, it’s not an argument and Im not playing your little game. Throw all the insults you want, t seems to be your speciality.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

14-08-2019, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
As I said before, No thanks, Just an answer will do.
Wriggle wriggle again eh? Lets face facts, you haven't a clue why you voted leave, you just followed the sheep.
I didn't at all - I actually campaigned for leave in the referendum, I'm also a member of Fish For Leave, campaigned in Fish Fight and have also been asked to write an article by David Scullion (of Brexit Central fame) for his web site. There are other bits, but I won't bore you with the details.

Like I said, if you can't be bothered to argue or debate any of my reasons that are already clearly documented on here then thats your problem, not mine. Your sloppy research has been a thorn in your side ever since you decided to post on here.

My reasons for leaving the EU go much wider than single sentences or snap shots and tit for tat bickering. If you think I'm a secret remainer or I didn't know what I was voting for, or I was just "following the herd", then think again. My views on EU membership go way beyond a line by line dissection of this vs that. You may not have noticed, but all your posts (and Gascony, Banchory and Redneck) bashing Brexit have only looked at worst case scenarios in the short term. Move the EU forward 5 years and move the UK forward 5 years after Brexit. I doubt you have even considered this aspect of UK sovereignty, free from the single market, customs union, ECJ etc.

Your 98 Reasons for Remaining was googled up junk from someone elses web site, written buy someone else that you didn't even bother to read. It referred to infrastructure funding that you yourself admitted doesn't apply to us because its our money anyway, (as we are a nett contributor). There were about 20 instances of this (at least) among other garbage (such as EU banning of animal testing for cosmetics) that was written regarding our membership "benefits".

Page 18 of 23 « First < 8 16 17 18 19 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top