Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 12:34 PM

Cheapest PAYG Mobile? 1p

If you're looking to save money and don't want to be signed up to long pricey phone contracts with monthly subscriptions or indeed with PAYG tariffs charging stupid money, then this is probably the cheapest option out there imo.

https://www.1pmobile.com/

I landed on this after hunting around and so glad I did. It's almost free !!

The details:

1pMobile is on the EE Network. It is 3G.

Basic Costs

Texts cost 1p each

Calls cost 1p per min (for both calls to UK landlines starting 01, 02, 03 and calls to UK mobiles)

Data costs 1p per MB

Voicemail costs 1p per min (access and retrieval)[/b]

Those are the main basic charges most people will use.

There are others for more specific business numbers etc and Picture Messages are 30p each and so on.

Roaming Charges

Making calls 1p per min (Calls to UK and Zone 1 landlines and mobiles)

Receiving calls Free (Receiving calls when in Zone 1)

Texts 1p per message (Texts to UK and Zone 1 mobiles)

Picture message 30p per message (Messages to UK and Zone 1 mobiles)

Data 1p per MB (Using mobile data when in Zone 1)

There are other charges for different Zones which are of course more expensive like calls to Canada, Australia etc.

Your Commitment

Your only commitment when using 1pMobile is to top up your phone with at least £10 once every 120 days !!

That's £10 every 4 months so in total £30 for the entire year !

If there is a PAYG phone service out there that comes anywhere near this I'd like to hear it.

For £30 a year I get pretty much free texts and calls for the duration. Personally I think it is brilliant and how all mobile phone companies should have been operating for years instead of royally screwing everyone with ridiculous charges and contracts.

I've been using 1pMobile for about 2-3 months and it's been excellent. The reception (on the EE network) has been fine.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 12:40 PM

Re: Cheapest PAYG Mobile? 1p

3 are the nearest in costs....but 3 have a lower minimum top-up(£5)and no time limit.

As for contracts...you cannot state they are a rip off, without looking foolish.....some contracts suit some users some don't.

Personal choice is just that, a choice.
No right or wrong, no good or bad.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 12:53 PM

Looking at that I'm not sure it would be cheaper than my family contract with BT we were just saying the other day with number of texts and data we use between us we couldn't do it without a contract.

It's only £40 a month and we get our 4 handsets, huge data allowance think it's 10g, 2000 texts and that's just our mobile phones, we get home phone with caller display too.

If we paid for tv we could add it for £5 a month but we use free sat.

It's a good deal for anyone using payg but it's worth looking at contracts too if you want to use a smart phone effectively. I'd imagine downloading books would cost a bit on payg who ever you go with. I think we average about 30 books a month between us.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 12:54 PM

Mmmm, that sounds like a good deal Realist, I am reluctant to change due to the hassle of having a new phone number.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Mmmm, that sounds like a good deal Realist, I am reluctant to change due to the hassle of having a new phone number.
You can retain your existing number.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
You can retain your existing number.
Ahhh, ok..that might be worth considering then, I have a smart phone, trouble is the user is not to smart so I am not using it to its full capability, I have only just learned how to pair it to the new car...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Ahhh, ok..that might be worth considering then, I have a smart phone, trouble is the user is not to smart so I am not using it to its full capability, I have only just learned how to pair it to the new car...
I wouldn't pretend I use mind to its capacity but it's replaced my sat nav, kindle, camera, and I can use it for web browsing as well, all my lists are on it, I'm a list maker lol all my library of books, I shop with it all my groceries etc.

It's worth experimenting to see what it will do or wiki and you tube have some great tutorials.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

06-07-2017, 01:11 PM

Thanks Julie, you are a star, I will certainly do that, I have had a gander at the website provided by Realist, (thanks) so I am going to give it a go....to boldly go (or go boldly) where no Rehab has gone before
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 01:19 PM

If I get stuck trying to do something on the phone, I just ask the first 8 year old that I see.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-07-2017, 01:22 PM

Yes they do seem rather better equipped for this new world than I am. Worries me a it I'm trying to parent a child that is more tech savvy and cleverer than me, I don't stand a chance really do I ? I even had to ask how to put parental controls on the phone, she showed me

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top