Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 07:49 PM

Re: Android Tablet ... fun!

Thanks for your input Aysa .... I've been busy cooking, and now getting back to this Android fun.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Thanks for your input Aysa .... I've been busy cooking, and now getting back to this Android fun.

Android fun you say lol ....using my tablet frustrates me sometimes,I much prefer to use my laptop.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Thanks Realist
very helpful,would you suggest this method rather than using an adblock app such as Brave which Judd is using then? Or is it just personal choice?
If its just a case of going to settings and turning off javascript I will give that a go ,its simple enough to turn it on again if I dont get along with it isnt it?
Hi Aysa,

Personally I have taken a variety of precautions to protect myself.

Disabling JavaScript is one

I also have a HUGE list of websites that I got from the internet which are all blocked by listing them in my PC's "hosts" file. If you don't know what a hosts file is we'll have to cover that separately.

I also have lots of websites blocked in my Browser (Internet Explorer).

Finally my firewall system has a long list of website IP Addresses blocked.

I'm pretty well locked down
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->

Android fun you say lol ....using my tablet frustrates me sometimes,I much prefer to use my laptop.
Fun, just trying to be upbeat. Laptops are more fun, and big screen desktops even more fun.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

08-09-2018, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Which browser are you using? Go to the Google Play app store and install Brave browser, it has a built in ad blocker. It's what I use on my phone and tablet.
Thank you Judd, I've now got Brave Browser up & running. No adds and - don't know if this is add-related - all very speedy.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

08-09-2018, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Hi Aysa,

Personally I have taken a variety of precautions to protect myself.

Disabling JavaScript is one

I also have a HUGE list of websites that I got from the internet which are all blocked by listing them in my PC's "hosts" file. If you don't know what a hosts file is we'll have to cover that separately.

I also have lots of websites blocked in my Browser (Internet Explorer).

Finally my firewall system has a long list of website IP Addresses blocked.

I'm pretty well locked down
Thanks for your input Realist. It's interesting what you say about JavaScript
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Thank you Judd, I've now got Brave Browser up & running. No adds and - don't know if this is add-related - all very speedy.
Glad it's working out for you and in conjunction of what Realist keeps harping on about Javascript, there's an option to turn it off within the settings section of the browser.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 03:16 PM

We bought a Hudl 2 and never used it all that much. I've given it to our son so he can communicate with us on Skype.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Which browser are you using? Go to the Google Play app store and install Brave browser, it has a built in ad blocker. It's what I use on my phone and tablet.
Thanks for the tip - the ads were driving me crazy on my Honor 10. Strangely, I don't get nearly as many ads using Chrome on my iPhone.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Thanks for the tip - the ads were driving me crazy on my Honor 10. Strangely, I don't get nearly as many ads using Chrome on my iPhone.
I don't want breast augmentation surgery either
Nor do I want to date beautiful Russian women
Nor retire to a Stepford style "village"

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top