Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 11:48 PM

Re: Dentist visit today

Nothing worse than raging toothache, the dentist visit doesn't worry me, he has nice nurses for me to ?????,
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 10:03 AM

well the mouth is settling down today but in the end had to take a paracetamol last night which stopped the throbbing.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 10:57 AM

Did your dentist advise you to start using warm water salt mouthwashes on the day after extraction RS? This will soothe your gums and help remove any food that may be in the cavity after eating.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 03:22 PM

Well, I've just been for my 6-monthly check-up and hygienist visit.

All teeth ok by the dentist.

The hygienist had a new thigummybob. Instead of being poked and scraped and polished, this new machine uses water and some sort of scouring powder to clean any plaque off and it also cleans the inside of the cheeks, the palate and the gums, with an antibacterial action.

I forget what it's called.

Anyway, that's that done for 6 months!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

14-02-2019, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Did your dentist advise you to start using warm water salt mouthwashes on the day after extraction RS? This will soothe your gums and help remove any food that may be in the cavity after eating.
yes with a list of do and don'ts
Merrytel
New Member!
United Kingdom
Merrytel is male 

03-04-2019, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
[/B]

But think many of us do Bruce, I'm sure you're not alone.

You'd think in this day and age they would have found ways to help people over their fears better wouldn't you.
I too had this fear for the same reason, ended up going to hospital where they gave me an oral sedative....worked a treat .Glad to say I've recently subdued my fear and can now go to the dentist with just a slight touch of ' butterflies '
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 09:00 PM

When I went to the dentist last week all was OK, but because my teeth seem to be wearing away (at the front) I asked if there was anything that could be done about them. I am 73 and my teeth are just a bit younger. They have served me well, but are not the best looking of things these days. I am also going to my daughter's wedding in August and want to have a decent smile. Anyway, the dentist wouldn't give me implants as I had asked about and suggested I have a couple of crowns on the front - not NHS though because my teeth are basically OK. I thought about it and eventually decided I would lke 4 crowns on the front which, hopefully, will make a heck of a difference.

I don't know much about crowns. Does anyone want to share experiences? Will they last me out if I go ahead or will they need re-doing further down the line and will they look real - I don't want to look like a horse.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 09:55 PM

Aerolor I haven't had a crown on any of my front teeth but I have one on my first premolar. That was over 20 years ago and I've never had a problem with it since. It is well matched to the colour of my teeth and you wouldn't know it wasn't my real tooth.

I'm hoping it will last me for the rest of my days.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Aerolor I haven't had a crown on any of my front teeth but I have one on my first premolar. That was over 20 years ago and I've never had a problem with it since. It is well matched to the colour of my teeth and you wouldn't know it wasn't my real tooth.

I'm hoping it will last me for the rest of my days.
Thanks Mags - 20 years should see me out and if it doesn't I don't think I'll care.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 06:12 PM

Aerolor, I had to have one of my front teeth crowned in 1977. I didn’t have to pay as l was pregnant or just had the baby?
It’s still intact all those years later!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top