Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 01:55 PM

Not a single Gray hair.

Is it only me who thinks this, or is having a 'Single gray hair' becoming the biggest sin that you can possibly commit?

Every other ad on TV seems to be "Oh, I'll always be too young to have a gray hair" (this suggests that she is going to die young) or and "Gray's - all gone" (I've shaved my head)

Just stick your head in a bucket of Dulux emulsion (other paints are available) to get 100% gray coverage.

Please please please, can't we just have natural hair instead of feeding the cosmetic industry millions of pounds a day?

Damn, I've just spotted a gray hair - "darling, have you seen the black boot polish?"
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 02:02 PM

Re: Not a single Gray hair.

I never really understand people with grey hair dying it, no hair dye is ever as lovely as the colour they had.

I did dye mine when I was young but looking back I wish I hadn't especially the pink/purple I liked so much when I was 15.

Loads of grey now I am always saying my husband turned me grey I had not of it when we married - only 28 years ago so it must be his influence LOL
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 02:41 PM

I'm with you there George, I could never understand why men dye their hair, vanity?. Women yes, cosmetics were made for women and most of them do a good job when choosing a colour, anyway men don't figure in the cosmetic department, maybe a splash of aftershave (old spice) is OK now and again, I also love the smooth shaving cream meself.
To me nothing looks so bad as a man with jet black hair and a wrinkly face, or that other stupid reddish brown colour James Caan and other actors seem to chose, yukee colour, although one could have no hair at all and be happy in the knowledge that they will never get that dreaded single grey hair.
Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 03:09 PM

My dad became a silver fox quite early, i have not done the same. Only time i ever applied dye to my noggin was when i went to a David Bowie concert, back in the 70`s.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 04:51 PM

At 65 I'm just greying around the temples, which I find really annoying as I would like to be a 100% grey "silver fox" - instead I am a dark ginger with grey edges (although my beard is greyer than my hair! - As you can see!). My dad went pure white at aged 21 and I always hoped I would be the same, but it didn't happen.

My Dad -

I had very long hair for many years (ironically I cut it all off and dyed it blonde at university -just to be different) but as I get older it has got shorter because I think old guys with long hair look a little "naff."
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 05:04 PM

I like your hair Mick - I'm sure your lady does too...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 05:19 PM

You look great like that Mick, so does herself. love the beard too.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 05:54 PM

I'm not a fan of the half dark half grey colour that a lot of older people have, but I love the bright white that some lucky folk have. It's so dramatic.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 06:05 PM

Hubby has had white hair since he was 30 - his beard took a little longer to grey! He has a full head of hair and has never wanted to colour it - I think he knew I'd divorce him if he did
I'm grey and would like to be white, our son had black hair and is now going white, his beard is still dark too!
So I think he takes after his dad
I think it is quite distinguished going grey at the temples.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2013, 06:18 PM

I haven't a single grey hair George..... I've got thousands of the blighters....

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top