Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 05:08 AM

Happy Wednesday Folk.

[IMG]
[/IMG] Taken in a churchyard in Bavaria, Germany. I have now, for the time being, finished all the work in the garden to do with plants. Now it's time to turn my attention to things like painting and cleaning the block paving. A man's work is never done !!!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 06:32 AM

Re: Happy Wednesday Folk.

Morning Alan, and all who follow on. Love the Photo it's a beautiful setting for a graveyard. It's pouring with rain here so I'm going to get stuck into the house today, been working outside for about a week so things inside have slid a wee bit.

The Hilton of Cadboll Stone is a Class II Pictish stone discovered at Hilton of Cadboll, on the Tarbat Peninsula in Easter Ross, Scotland.

It is one of the most magnificent of all Pictish cross-slabs. On the seaward-facing side is a Christian cross, and on the landward facing side are secular depictions.

The latter are carved below the Pictish symbols of crescent and v-rod and double disc and Z-rod: a hunting scene including a woman wearing a large penannular brooch riding side-saddle. Like other similar stones, it can be dated between the 6th to 9th centuries.

The stone was formerly on in the vicinity of a chapel just north of the village. It was removed to Invergordon Castle in the 19th century, before being donated to the British Museum.

The latter move was not popular with the Scottish public, and so it was moved once more, to the Museum of Scotland, where it remains today. A replica designed and carved by Barry Grove was recently erected on the site...
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 07:45 AM

Good morning everyone, another beautiful day. Awaiting the ambulance car to take me to the eye clinic as I cannot drive because of the tests they do on my eyes. Shall be glad to get it over and done with. Have a good day all. God bless Moyra.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 07:58 AM

Morning all. That's different Alan, very nice Graveyard.

The sun is shining, I am like a Lobster, and I will be going out cleaning soon.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 08:05 AM

Morning Folk Heavy rain but not cold and wind has died down, so far this morning.

Lovely photo Alan. Thanks for sharing.

Many thanks Roxy for sharing that about the stone! Very interesting. Hope you get all your inside housework done - you can come down here and do mine next, if you want

Enjoy today folk
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 08:59 AM

Good morning fellow members it is starting to look like spring at last with the leaves coming out on the trees and that means much to do in the garden.

I have lots to do today getting ready for a weekend away at my nieces wedding .

Enjoy your day everyone
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 09:02 AM

Good morning folks. Dull and overcast here in Cheshire. I'm sure the sun must be shining elsewhere.

Hope you all have a nice day.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 10:09 AM

Same weather here Joy.

Good morning all, at last starting to feel a bit brighter myself
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 10:45 AM

Good morning
That's very good news Val and about time too ... well done and may it continue.

Cats and tortoise are out in the garden
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2013, 11:39 AM

Good morning all, very dull here today, the sun is trying hard to come through the dark clouds. I'm waiting for my daughter to pick me up and go shopping for a new TV, don't want one of those monster sized things as we only have a very small living room.
That's a lovely graveyard Alan, wouldn't mind being buried in one like that, but not yet.
Love the work on that slab Roxy, nice to hear it's back in Scotland.
Enjoy your day folks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top