Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 04:50 PM

Re: Murphy's Wife's Law.

"The only fly in the oitment is tools that suddenly disappear and turn up in unexpected places, who moves them?"
That is one of life's mysteries... disappearing tools, I'm sure everyone who works in a workshop has a story to tell, you leave something down then reach for it and it's not there, you know you left it there but where has it gone?, you are bewildered and leave for a while, when you come back there it is staring you in the face, you're left scratching your head. I think something unknown to us likes to play tricks on folks working with hand tools, it's been happening to me all my working life, very scary at times.
Now for the wise cracks, go on I can take it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 04:56 PM

You know what Jem - I kid you not, strange things 'do' happen...
Someone - somewhere is having a game, has happened to us many times, its not scared us - but can be very irritating... Now theres an excuse you can use with the wife - it wasn't me dahling - its the mischievious little imp that pays a visit sometimes - ask Pats - she'll tell ya
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 05:00 PM

Your right Pats ..... Its mobile phones and socks in this house where they go nobody knows .... I just looked high and low for a brie I took out of the fridge earlier to warm up ... it was in the living room , now I never took it there.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 05:01 PM

I could try it with the wife Pats but I don't think she'd fall for it, she's convinced I'm a spaceman anyway.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 05:07 PM

O'h Gawd -
I promise you Jem - I could write a book on these mysteries of things being moved around, happens that often
When we moved here, we thought that would be the last of it - but no - still goes on ...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Not my 'other half' but my son, is the bane of my life, and ben-varey that response is right up his street, however the other day he actually did something without being asked/reminded, then he turned to me and said "there, that is your 'just once'" a reference to me frequently saying "Just once I wish you would -- insert appropriate task!!
I know and then you have to spend three days admiring whatever it is they've done
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2013, 05:13 PM

Went to doctors last week to collect prescription, there I am sitting in car clutching prescription, ready to take to chemist. I made the mistake of anticipating hubby would, turn in at the chemist, but no he drives past.
Aren't you going to stop i asked, well I didn't know you wanted to go to the chemist..

Grr , what did he think I was going to do with it, eat it?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

28-04-2013, 05:23 PM

Amazing.......
You see we have to keep them on their toes - what choice do we have.. they choose to call it nagging - it is in fact 'reminding'....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top