Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 01:36 PM

Re: Long Lost Family Special: Born Without Trace.

It’s not used now as they - as far as I know - aren’t any .( Foundlings ) There is no shame attached to having a baby if you are not married and any unwanted new baby would be snapped up for adoption.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Oh yes Art i watched it . I cant get my head around it . The parents of the baby who was their 7 youngest left him by the pub . He must have been left there straight after birth . What a secret to keep till death . What a lovely man too , his pain and joy at knowing .

The other night two foundlings full brother and sister from a long term affair . Heartbreaking . Two more beautiful human beings. I cry each time i watch it .

We can never ever know the pain or the reasons why parents do it. I wonder if they look for them as the years go by
Susan, It was the way, the mother of the brother and sister, abandoned them six years apart and used a red tartan bag to put them in, on both occasions.

They were all nice people but you could see the pain in their eyes.
I couldn’t understand why there were two tins of corned beef still left in the box the one baby boy was found in?
You like to think they still thought about their children and went looking for them but ....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The foundlingS seemed such nice people they were clearly raised by good people .
My second impression was what selfish old men their real fathers were .
One having 14 children and two on the side .
The other moving his lover in with his wife .
The bit where the man moved his lover and her son in with his wife and daughters was unbelievable but his lover dumped her newborn daughter!
His wife must have been very understanding. I thought Fi’s half sister was lovely... as were the siblings of the other foundlings who welcomed the foundling into their long lost family.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-06-2020, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
That's why I don't watch it Muddy....I really don't think there can be any happy endings if a person abandons a child in a public toilet. If that had happened to me I would be glad to be rid of them from my life forever
Summer, Some of The siblings had no idea of the existence of the foundling. It was all kept secret from them.
Some people want to know where they came from and find their roots.

I have to say, DNA testing is one of the most marvellous things ever to be discovered.
What l’d like to know is, how is your DNA on record other than for criminal reasons?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 02:00 PM

That’s what I was wondering about Art .
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 05:00 PM

It does make me think of my own babies and how it would kill me to have lost either of them . I cant immagine the pain .

Re the corned beef tin box , I think the father was so rushed and panicked the minute baby was born he grabbed the box wrapped baby and put him in box and flew out the house not realising it still had tins in .

The saying what goes on behind closed doors comes to mind
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

03-06-2020, 06:16 PM

Bastard !
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Summer, Some of The siblings had no idea of the existence of the foundling. It was all kept secret from them.
Some people want to know where they came from and find their roots.

I have to say, DNA testing is one of the most marvellous things ever to be discovered.
What l’d like to know is, how is your DNA on record other than for criminal reasons?
People searching for family members can send their DNA to various organisations to see if there are any matches. Family historians do it quite a lot these days. A DNA kit can be purchased online.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
People searching for family members can send their DNA to various organisations to see if there are any matches. Family historians do it quite a lot these days. A DNA kit can be purchased online.
I think that DNA is recorded for those in the armed services?
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2020, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I think that DNA is recorded for those in the armed services?
Yes I think that's the case - sadly, I think it is used to identify bodies which may be badly disfigured in action.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top