Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 04:45 PM

Re: Downton Abbey

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Tiffany, l couldnít wait for Sunday to come round as l loved Belgravia so much!

Saddo arenít l?
No you aren't.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2020, 07:56 PM

Pesta, l felt the same as you when Downton Abbey started. I prefer thrillers, edge of the seat stuff, so l didnít watch it.
My two youngest daughters lived with me when it was first shown and they loved it. They even bought all the box sets.
I still didnít watch it.

Then recently, the series Belgravia was shown on television and l really loved that. This was also written by Julian Fellowes, so l did wonder had l misjudged Downton Abbey and maybe l would have liked it, if l had watched it?
So, are you going to start watching it this time around Art? It's only 5 episodes in.

It comes back onscreen Monday ... go one, give it a whirl. You know you want to
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2020, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
So, are you going to start watching it this time around Art? It's only 5 episodes in.

It comes back onscreen Monday ... go one, give it a whirl. You know you want to
Pesta, On your recommendation, l have just downloaded the first series but it will have to wait for a windy, cold or rainy day for me to watch it.
I have so much to watch, yet need to be outside to keep my Vitamin D levels up!

I will come back with my verdict in the future!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 12:53 PM

Pesta, l did sort of watch the very first episode but l kept falling asleep! Iím not sure if l was tired or bored?
On the last wake up, l looked at the television and a Nobleman was snogging the Footman!
Next theyíre fighting and throwing a bunch of their love letters on the fire...
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2020, 08:42 PM

Pesta, l did sort of watch the very first episode but l kept falling asleep! Iím not sure if l was tired or bored?
On the last wake up, l looked at the television and a Nobleman was snogging the Footman!
Next theyíre fighting and throwing a bunch of their love letters on the fire...
Tut, what ya like? You'll have to watch it again now
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-05-2020, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Tut, what ya like? You'll have to watch it again now
If l have some spare time líll take another look... thatís at the series, not the two men kissing!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top