Join for free
Page 20 of 21 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 08:32 PM

Re: That dog again

Originally Posted by besoeker ->
overwhelming response! Thank you all.
Don’t quite know what to say. So, a little tail if i may. Max is a very good dog.

One day we were going to be gone all day. Hospital, so max had to stay home. We asked the neighbours across the way, the lhasa apso owners, to check on max from time to time, let him out etc.

I asked them over to show where the food and treats were kept. I should not have mentioned t r e a t. Oh well. He had to behave. I gave him the look and he sat down, gave me the paws. Not a spoken command needed. He got his treat
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2020, 09:42 PM

A sad note....
We walk Ozzie for an elderly lady who lost her friend, Peter who walked Ozzie. So we walk Ozzie. Her next door neighbour has now lost her partner. She has no close relatives and with the lock down will have to cope with all the funeral arrangements on her own.

We will help where we can, of course. My dear wife has spoken to her by phone to offer that. She has a little dog. Mo. We will offer to walk her.

It is a barky little thing. Gentle giant Max doesn't mind so I think they would stroll along just just fine. Ozzie.........the jury is out.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 08:08 AM

Max to the sound of silence

Hello my old friend
You came to bark at me again
But a vision softly was creeping in
Left its seeds while I was sleeping

You would stop barking once again
I know that was in vain

When you first came with us
You didn’t kick up a fuss

We didn’t think you had a voice
You didn’t make a single noise

Now I can’t sleep so late
You whack the bed and agitate.

You know the times to eat and walk
And where there is a cat to stalk.

Max the Max………..
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 08:17 AM

That's lovely Bes...you were so lucky to find each other
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 10:29 AM

How lovely, Besoeker, thank you!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

19-04-2020, 01:56 PM

Thank you for the kind comments. He really is a lovely, gentle fellow.This is him when he first met a neighbour's cat.

It hissed. Max just stood there and looked a bit bemused.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2020, 02:51 PM

I hope the cat was suitably impressed by Max's good manners!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

19-04-2020, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I hope the cat was suitably impressed by Max's good manners!
There are a few round bur both parties stay at a respectable distance from each other.
But there is a Chihuahua that always wants to have a go. Given the size difference, it makes the lady owner smile.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

12-08-2020, 08:11 PM

I was very ill. About 16 weeks and I still am. Such is life.
My friends have been absolutely brilliant and my lovely - what can I say........amazing.

And that dog!. I wondered a few times - just wondered. Not a bit of it.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

12-08-2020, 10:11 PM

Pets know when you are not well, Besoeker. My two furries have not left my side since my surgery last Friday. Nemo,in particular, has sat close to me with a reassuring paw on me. When he had to go for a loo break - Willow took over.. They have been a bit more relaxed over the last couple of days - but still one of them is with me where ever I go.

Some people think cats are aloof and uncaring - trust me - they are not.

Page 20 of 21 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top