Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 12:28 PM

Christmas Presents.

Hi

Do you insist on them on the day?

Guy and myself are buying each other tropical fish.

The new tank will not be ready on the day, so getting them later.

We are having one fun present each, cost has to be less than £5.

Guy is having his favourite Student Foods.

Fray Bentos tinned pies and baked beans with sausage in a tin.

I have no idea what I will be getting

It will be great fun.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 01:00 PM

Re: Christmas Presents.

My Son's present won't arrive til after Christmas, as it took him too long to decide which biker jacket he wanted. I only hope it fits.
Other presents already received will be opened on Christmas day here. We have other presents at my Daughter's/her partners & those will be opened when we go there for our Christmas day meal.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 02:34 PM

All my presents to & from friends/family will be opened on Christmas day - except one. Tony had bought me some lovely black suede boots and I am going to wear them before Christmas for a special occasion.

Swims - I love the present you're giving Guy. I hope he doesn't want it for his Christmas dinner!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 02:44 PM

All presents will be opened on Christmas Day here ...... it’s not insisted on, just our normal routine.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2019, 03:04 PM

I make sure the 5 grandchildren have their Chrismas presents on Chrismas morning although I don't get to see them open them at 6am . I go up later.

My son and DIL too , this year I have bought them a large number of wild flower 'bombs' to plant in the spring around the periphery of the trimmed area of the paddock which lies outside the windows of their house. The house was built on the site of a demolished Farmhouse and the land remains classed as agricultural so they can't do a lot with it. A wildflower meadow is something they can all enjoy for years to come.

We always have a row about my present because I don't want one, as long as my grandchildren are happy so am I .
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 11:51 AM

Why can't Amazon send their stuff ready boxed, and wrapped in Christmas paper, so that all I have to do is write my name on the label and push it under the tree?

It's taken me all morning, today, to parcel up 5 presents!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Why can't Amazon send their stuff ready boxed, and wrapped in Christmas paper, so that all I have to do is write my name on the label and push it under the tree?

It's taken me all morning, today, to parcel up 5 presents!
They do gift wrap if requested. Not sure if/what they charge though.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 06:46 PM

I like gifts to be under the tree opened on Christmas morning..... but I'm taking the grandkids presents on Xmas day..... I like to see them opening them and the hugs
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2019, 07:17 PM

Hi

We are out Christmas Eve for a a Polish Christmas, they their meal and presents Christmas Eve.

The pretendies will be getting their presents at my house on Christmas Day.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top