Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 05:25 AM

Re: Surgery and Appointments

I booked my flu shot yesterday at the chemist. I can get it at my GP for free but everybody who goes to see him is sick so I prefer to pay the $20 (last year it was $10).

The first available appointment for my flu jab was the 17th April!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 08:55 AM

I received a letter yesterday (computer generated no doubt) questioning why I hadn't made an appointment at the Cardiology clinic after an urgent request was made by my GP and saying if I didn't do so I would be removed from the list .

I spent days trying to contact the clinic by phone and email to say I would not be making an appointment at this time due to risk of infection and assumed the clinic would be suspended.
I would have thought someone with an ounce of common sense could have turned off the automatic response emails to prevent even more people trying to contact a system already flooded with enquiries.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 09:51 AM

I went to the surgery for my Vitamin B12 injection yesterday. It was like getting into Fort Knox!

I was paranoid about touching anything! There was a notice on the door to press the buzzer and l had forgotten to bring a glove. Luckily, a man was waiting too and he had gloves on, so he pressed the buzzer. A receptionist called on the speaker for me to stand well back until she operated the automatic door.

I did that, she disappeared and l entered the waiting room. I was the only one in there!
I was called in immediately, given the injection. Went through the same procedure to get out. I have never had such a quick appointment!

Some might say, ‘Why did you go, why didn’t you cancel the appointment?’ Well either way, if l didn’t get the injection, l could die and if l got coronavirus, l could die too!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2020, 04:00 PM

I got a call from my dentist this morning cancelling my appointment for next week.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2020, 09:44 AM

Last week, I experienced hearing difficulties and decided to book a visit a "same-day" NHS Health Centre. After "interrogation", there was no problem getting an immediate appointment and no requirements for myself but, when I arrived, a one-out/one-in procedure was in place and a PPE-clad nurse took my temperature. There was only one other patient in the spacious waiting area. I was soon called for examination by another PPE-clad nurse, "re-interrogated" and diagnosed with an ear infection and inflammation for which an antibiotic spray was prescribed then sent on my way.

Since the inflammation has persisted, I phoned my GP surgery this morning. Having explained my condition, I was advised that I would receive a return call from a clinical physican. Shortly thereafter I received the call, was "interrogated" and offered a face-to-face appointment this afternoon, the only stipulation being that I have to wear a mask or scarf. So I've dug out a scarf and ordered some masks, since I believe that the wearing of the latter (whether effective or not) may soon be compulsory in "public encounters".

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top