Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 08:14 PM

Update on my fur boy Kodi

Update on my furboy Kodi. He has Cushings disease which means his body produces too much Cortisol by his adrenal glands and then releases it into his bloodstream. He is quite a poorly boy and has to start medication tomorrow for the rest of his life.

The medication is very expensive at £114 per month but after the first month he may be able to go onto a different tablet which isn't so expensive. He needs a particular medication for the first month then they will run regular blood tests.

We are hoping the medication stabilizes his levels but he has to be monitored and more blood tests in one months time.

He is 12½ years old and we are hoping we can have him another few years yet but in the meantime all I can do is pray that we get to keep him longer and carry on loving him as much as I do.

He will have to have regular checks with the vets.

Love our furboy sooooo much, he is such a wonderful character

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	kodionlanding.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	12414  
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 08:16 PM

Re: Update on my fur boy Kodi

Thank you for the update, LQ, sending healing thoughts to kodi and big hugs to you!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Thank you for the update, LQ, sending healing thoughts to kodi and big hugs to you!
Thanks Tabby x
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 08:34 PM

Give Kodi a hug from me as well, know exactly the worry your going through
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Update on my furboy Kodi. He has Cushings disease which means his body produces too much Cortisol by his adrenal glands and then releases it into his bloodstream. He is quite a poorly boy and has to start medication tomorrow for the rest of his life.

The medication is very expensive at £114 per month but after the first month he may be able to go onto a different tablet which isn't so expensive. He needs a particular medication for the first month then they will run regular blood tests.

We are hoping the medication stabilizes his levels but he has to be monitored and more blood tests in one months time.

He is 12½ years old and we are hoping we can have him another few years yet but in the meantime all I can do is pray that we get to keep him longer and carry on loving him as much as I do.

He will have to have regular checks with the vets.

Love our furboy sooooo much, he is such a wonderful character
Sorry to hear that my non professional diagnosis was correct LQ . I only know this because my poor dog had it ( brought on by medication for his allergies ) Hugs xx
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

28-04-2020, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Give Kodi a hug from me as well, know exactly the worry your going through
Thanks, will do Speedy
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

28-04-2020, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Sorry to hear that my non professional diagnosis was correct LQ . I only know this because my poor dog had it ( brought on by medication for his allergies ) Hugs xx
I'm grateful to you for mentioning it, I asked the vet to check him for Cushings after you mentioned it but that was the next test he intended on carrying out anyway, he said it also could have been Addisons as they have some similar symptoms.

Thanks for the hugs xx
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 09:28 PM

It’s due to suppression of the adrenal glands .
It is often a side effect of other medications ie Prednisone which is used extensively for various ailments .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2020, 09:41 PM

I'm rooting for Kodi. I hope he responds well to the treatment LQ. Please give him a big old cuddle from me.

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

28-04-2020, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm rooting for Kodi. I hope he responds well to the treatment LQ. Please give him a big old cuddle from me.

Thanks, I will.

x

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top