Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 08:31 AM

out for a walk again

I have not been for a walk for some time so Sue suggested going for one this morning.

What a pleasure it was to find the trapped sciatic nerve had freed itself somehow and managed to do the walk without that pain in my side.
Ok the legs need strengthening up but still managed at least doing a mile if not more pain free
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 08:45 AM

Re: out for a walk again

Pleased for you RS....even a short walk every day is so beneficial ....pouring with rain here right now though so I won't be joining you
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 10:29 PM

Re: out for a walk again

If I want to walk somewhere new, I use a website called View Ranger. It uses ViewRanger Landscape or Open street Maps. If you want an OS map, you can pay a small amount to import it into your account. You plot your route - it records the length, ascent and descent so you get an idea of the difficulty, then you give it a name and save it.

You then download the ViewRanger app on your phone and "sync" content - so you can see exactly where you are and make sure you're staying on the right paths.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top