Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 11:04 PM

My Vet

I know I'm always banging on about my vet and how special he is, but today he did yet another kindness for me.

My oldest gal, who will be 15 at the end of this summer, has been getting more and more frail over the last few months.
She is hard of hearing, and nearly blind now due to bad cataracts.

The last few days she has worried me a great deal as I am struggling to get her to eat - not a good sign.
She had 4 different menu's offered to her yesterday, but refused everything and just stayed in her bed.
The only times she got up was either to go outside for a wee, or come searching for me if I left the room.

Then when I was trimming the hair round her mouth yesterday, I found she had two ulcers on her gums.
That must have contributed to why she wouldn't eat!

Her teeth are not good, but both the vet and I are very wary of giving her an anaesthetic now. I am terrified she won't wake up again.

Anyway, I digress. I phoned my man this morning for advice, and to my embarrassment I started bawling.
I know this is the beginning of the end but after losing my beautiful Izzy unexpectedly a couple of months ago, I cannot go through that pain again so soon.

My vet was going to leave me some antibiotics out in dispensary for me to collect this afternoon, and would ring me again next week.
Then just as I was going to put the phone down, he said he was leaving work shortly and would drop them round to me on his way home instead.

I know for a fact he lives in the opposite direction, so it was not on his way home at all, but he still brought her meds home for me.
What a treasure that man is.

This is my poorly old lady, but this pic was a couple of summers ago.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 11:11 PM

Re: My Vet

It sounds like you have a "one in a million" vet there Mups, how kind and understanding he is.

I hope the ABs clear her ulcers and she is back eating her food again.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 11:13 PM

Thanks Mags.

I know I've got to face things sooner or later, but not just yet I hope.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2020, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thanks Mags.

I know I've got to face things sooner or later, but not just yet I hope.
Fingers crossed she will be with you for a some time yet, Mups......
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 03:29 AM

My wife, Annie is trained in veterinary pharmacology so she works with many vets. Invariably they are great people. Put it this way I've met many many more nice vets than I have MDs.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 05:18 AM

Sounds a great bloke Mups... sending big (((hugs))) to you both, hope she picks up soon....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 06:15 AM

Im so sorry Mups, it's so hard watching our furbabies become frail. I hope the antibiotics help and she starts to feel better soon.

Big hugs from me and a big lick for your old girl from my old boy.

Xxxx
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 06:24 AM

What a real treasure that man is, Mups. I hope the antobios do the trick and furry Mups feels better soon. Big hugs for you both on the way!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 06:51 AM

What a kind man Mups . I hope little Mups gets well soon . Xx
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 07:35 AM

What a nice man....above and beyond. I hope your little pal feels better soon Mups.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top