Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 09:20 AM

The Mole

Is back disrupting my flowerbed

I wish he would go next door but no such luck it like he knows he will be zapped if he does !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 10:12 AM

Re: The Mole

Muddy, I get Moles occasionally. They are such a nuisance in the garden, especially the lawn.
I haven’t had them for a couple of years but what’s the betting now l’ve mentioned them, they’ll be back!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 10:35 AM

Maybe a bit of organic fertiliser put into the flowerbeds would put the mole(s) off.

Before I put turfs down at one house we were at, I raked treated human waste fertiliser into the earth. Both of my neighbours had moles in their lawns but they didn't dig ours. The grass grew like mad though.

How about some of this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Growing-Suc.../dp/B001CN1LHU
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 11:27 AM

We used to get a mole, but when they built over the fields behind us the mole(s) stopped coming in. Think I'd rather still have the moles & the rabbits.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Maybe a bit of organic fertiliser put into the flowerbeds would put the mole(s) off.

Before I put turfs down at one house we were at, I raked treated human waste fertiliser into the earth. Both of my neighbours had moles in their lawns but they didn't dig ours. The grass grew like mad though.

How about some of this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Growing-Suc.../dp/B001CN1LHU
This brings up a horrible scenario Mart nope I am not going that far

The box looks a better alternative !
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
This brings up a horrible scenario Mart nope I am not going that far

The box looks a better alternative !
You're probably right. I was given some of the fertiliser as a sort of strange tip for mending a TV in the staff room of a sewage farm. I'd mentioned getting the soil in the garden ready for laying turf.

I took the gift uncertainly because I thought the same as you. It was OK though. It didn't smell or look like ..well, you know.

Maybe the moles knew what it was.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

20-05-2020, 03:59 PM

I have just seen the little so and so , well not precisely seen him but seen the earth moving as he tunnels along
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2020, 09:27 PM

It's essential you get them checked out by your GP if they get any bigger or start to itch!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2020, 03:52 PM

Muddy, try sticking one of those little toy windmills into your lawn where Moley has been tunnelling. The vibrations should send him/her scuttling for the neighbours 'cos they don't like vibrations.
Buzzzer
USA
Buzzzer is male  Buzzzer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2020, 08:14 AM

Amazon sells mole traps. I'm thinking of buying 1 or 2 of them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top