Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 02:02 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Risk in UK lockdown easing too soon, warn scientists

Originally Posted by omah ->
scotland: New lockdown laws warning after weekend breaches

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52878383

good for nicola ....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 04:19 PM

Toxic Derbyshire quarry pool 'like Skegness in peak summer'

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cp...czxgai-2ne.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-52875528

Hundreds of people have continued to flock to a toxic pool at a former quarry despite repeated calls for them to stay away.

The water at Hoffman Quarry in Derbyshire has been dyed black from its usual bright blue colour, in an attempt to put off visitors.

The water at the site in Harpur Hill - dubbed the Blue Lagoon - is said to have "the same pH value as bleach".
Keith Savage, from High Peak Borough Council, said he called the quarry water the "poison pond". He said: "It's not a lagoon - its waste water from an old, disused quarry."

Mr Savage said about 2,000 people a day were visiting the site, making life difficult for nearby residents who were trying to social distance.

He said some visitors were also "urinating in people's gardens" because there were not any public toilets.

Derbyshire Police told BBC North West the site had seen visitors from as far away as Cornwall.
I'm beginning to think that the morons should be shot in the head - they won't feel anything and life will be safer for the rest of us .....

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Ilkley was packed by the river yesterday ...they closed the roads but still people came ...and then left their rubbish for volunteers to clear up....tuts
The video shows cars parked on either side of Denton Road before a huge crowd of people by the River Wharfe is revealed

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/...lkley-18338063

A driver's video of hundreds of revellers illegally parking and congregating by a Yorkshire beauty spot has enraged residents.

The footage of hundreds of topless people flouting the current coronavirus guidelines of maintaining social distancing near Ilkley, West Yorkshire, has unsettled many online who have branded the revellers "selfish morons".

Further posts have since emerged of the "absolute deluge" of litter left behind by the visitors, which residents have begun picking up.

Kyle Hamilton took the video at 4.30pm yesterday whilst driving down Denton Road near Ilkley, West Yorkshire, towards Leeds and past the River Wharfe. The footage shows a huge line of cars parked on either of the road, obstructing drivers from getting through, before the screen captures a shot of an area by the River Wharfe heaving with visitors.

Mr Hamilton said: "I was just amazed at the sheer volume of people in such a close proximity. I have no problem people meeting up outside within the guidelines given to us, but this clearly wasn't happening here. Cars dumped illegally on the side of the road getting tickets, stopping people going for a safe walk."
If there isn't a massive "spike" in cases in the coming weeks then I'll be very surprised .....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2020, 07:42 PM

It isn't just beaches and remote quarries though is it.

In the village where I live I've noticed a few more 'youths' around over the last couple of days. In bunches ..on skateboards, on bikes. Doing wheelies down the road as they rode along three abreast.

Today I counted 8 of them .. okay, they appeared to be social distancing but 8 of them sunning on the grass? Loud music, aged about 15 , then playing footie and shrieking as the girls played at grab the balls.
I wish the noisy b*ggers would go back to school where they belong.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

02-06-2020, 07:43 PM

Massive queues as McDonald's reopens Scottish drive-thru restaurants

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52894613
The re-opening of some Scottish McDonald's drive-thru restaurants has seen long queues of cars being directed by police.

The fast-food giant closed all of its outlets more than 10 weeks ago as lockdown restrictions came into force.

The company said it was now aiming to reopen 1,000 of its drive-thru or delivery outlets by Thursday.

Last week the company said that it would reveal the locations of the restaurants that were to open their doors on the day of each reopening to help manage demand. They said they were also working with police and local authorities.

No cars on the roads for weeks then queues of them for the beach, the countryside, refuse sites, DIY shops, garden centres and now fast food outlets .....

Along with the "second wave" we're going to have the return of air pollution .....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 09:20 PM

It's a blinkin' mess. The park is like a music festival, walking the dog is like being in a pinball machine where you have to swivel to avoid one energetic human then another! The joggers are the worst, although thankfully the one tonight jogged across the road in a considerate manner. You have to plan dog walking routes carefully. Not seen many masks today. But I've noted cases in the area are up according to official stats. Anyone else getting a tickly throat and getting paranoid again?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's a blinkin' mess. The park is like a music festival, walking the dog is like being in a pinball machine where you have to swivel to avoid one energetic human then another! The joggers are the worst, although thankfully the one tonight jogged across the road in a considerate manner. You have to plan dog walking routes carefully. Not seen many masks today. But I've noted cases in the area are up according to official stats. Anyone else getting a tickly throat and getting paranoid again?
Just goes to prove Annie, that uk population has NOT benefitted?
from wide spread university education!
It seems that the number of louts has increased exponentionally
with the increase of education
Just an observation LOL!

Donkeyman! 😇😇
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 12:58 PM

DM I don't think people are engaging the conscious brain right now. Even driving has gone to pot.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 01:06 PM

I can’t believe that people are queuing for McDonalds empty calories after all this time you would have thought they would have learned to make their own .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Just goes to prove Annie, that uk population has NOT benefitted?
from wide spread university education!
It seems that the number of louts has increased exponentionally
with the increase of education
Just an observation LOL!

Donkeyman! 😇😇
I have this urge to cough every time I join a supermarket queue
Sorry this was in reference to a tricky throat !

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top