Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 11:15 AM

Re: Too Close

Originally Posted by summer ->
I hated the ending...what happened to the hubby and best friend...and the other little girl....I hate loose ends.
What other little girl?
We assumed Connie’s hubby and best friend were together surely?
A very clever first novel well adapted for tv and as Emily Watson never puts in a bad performance well worth watching .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 08:59 AM

I did actually nearly turn it off when Connie and Vanessa started to get close and that very awkward sex scene with Emma and her husband in their kitchen!
It was when, l saw the scene with Connie's husband and Vanessa in the car. I kept with it.

I thought the acting by the two lead actresses was superb, especially Irish actress Denise Gough. She should win an award for her portrayal of Connie.
She could have played the part without words, her haunted eyes said it all.

The scene with Connie and her mother at the doctors was very sad.

Here’s a test for you all.... what were the three words the doctor told Connie’s mother to remember.
I remembered them by using the initials, in case l failed the test!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 09:18 AM

Did anyone else’s television freeze on a furniture store advert during the break, before the last part of episode 3?
I did record the last episode on ITV+1 but l don’t think l missed much.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 10:00 PM

Looks like some members of digitalspy in their forum discussion of the drama did .
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 06:16 PM

I didn't think it was very good, far too slow it could have been done in two episodes.
We weren't told what Connie's sentence was were we?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I hated the ending...what happened to the hubby and best friend...and the other little girl....I hate loose ends.
Preparing for Series 2?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top