Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 11:06 AM

Faux Plants or Flowers

Do you like them?

I have quite a few in my house, they have come a long way as in realistic looking.some even feel real.

Do you have any?

I will post some pics of mine later, let me know what you think?

Plants and flowers imo make a home,what say you?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 11:09 AM

Re: Faux Plants or Flowers

Oh I have a few ivy's that are fake but very realistic. I am terrible at keeping real ivy's alive, but these faux ones cascade down very beautifully. I do have plenty of real plants too, and I agree, they add a touch of homeliness!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 11:14 AM

Here are a few of mine.

A grass, that I got from pound stretcher.

Are these pussy willow?

Not sure what the one in the hanging basket is?

Not to everyone’s taste,I agree.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	28C306FD-8C29-469F-AE54-FB2D3E184D7A.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	15230   Click image for larger version

Name:	BB6C9DA2-8B8D-47A3-AEC4-288466C1E5E2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	15231   Click image for larger version

Name:	B45C3FA7-A86C-4765-9020-43E93E8AE8F8.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	15232  
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-04-2021, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oh I have a few ivy's that are fake but very realistic. I am terrible at keeping real ivy's alive, but these faux ones cascade down very beautifully. I do have plenty of real plants too, and I agree, they add a touch of homeliness!
I have a spider plant and the one in the hanging basket is real Pix.....

The only thing about the faux is they get very dusty....I have some faux orchids as well...they look very realistic.

I’m going to get some faux trailing ivies when Ikea open in Reading. as you say they are very realistic looking.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 12:37 PM

I am not a lover of fake flowers, although I do agree they make them look much more real nowadays.

I have loads of indoor plants, far too many really. I give some away every now and then when I've got no where else to put any more.

I've got 13 Carnivorous plants, 4 Moth Orchids, 10 African Violets, 2 Christmas Cactus, 3 huge Aloe Veras, and I've lost count of all the Pelargoniums.

Trouble is, lots of them need splitting and/or dividing now, so then I shall have a load more!

I must be stricter with myself and stop collecting so many.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 12:50 PM

I don’t like artificial flowers at all. They are dust collectors and naff!

In fact, l don’t really like flowers in the house. If someone brings me flowers, my heart sinks! Flowers are for the garden and should stay there.
I imagine flowers screaming as their stems are cut! I especially dislike Lillies, their smell is awful and l associate them with death.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 12:50 PM

Oh we could do a swap, Mups...I have load of polka dot begonias that I propagated recently, ha!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-04-2021, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I am not a lover of fake flowers, although I do agree they make them look much more real nowadays.

I have loads of indoor plants, far too many really. I give some away every now and then when I've got no where else to put any more.

I've got 13 Carnivorous plants, 4 Moth Orchids, 10 African Violets, 2 Christmas Cactus, 3 huge Aloe Veras, and I've lost count of all the Pelargoniums.

Trouble is, lots of them need splitting and/or dividing now, so then I shall have a load more!

I must be stricter with myself and stop collecting so many.

Have you got the mother in law tongue ones Mups?

I love those...the faux ones look very realistic.

I love African violets, once lockdown is over, I’m hoping to get a nice specimen of one....the leaves are beautiful.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-04-2021, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don’t like artificial flowers at all. They are dust collectors and naff!

In fact, l don’t really like flowers in the house. If someone brings me flowers, my heart sinks! Flowers are for the garden and should stay there.
I imagine flowers screaming as their stems are cut! I especially dislike Lillies, their smell is awful and l associate them with death.
Which is understandable.....I absolutely adore pink lilies, I usually have a bunch on my fireplace,( real ones) but they are so expensive to buy, but they do last for days,
Haven’t bought them in a while now, I have a large white faux orchid in their place instead, saving me money.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Which is understandable.....I absolutely adore pink lilies, I usually have a bunch on my fireplace,( real ones) but they are so expensive to buy, but they do last for days,
Haven’t bought them in a while now, I have a large white faux orchid in their place instead, saving me money.
Pauline, Don’t you find the scent of the Lillies overpowering?
...but then, l don’t like scented candles or plug-in air fresheners either.
I don’t even like seeing artificial flowers on tables in restaurants. I only like the real thing in everything!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top