Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 01:02 PM

Re: Faux Plants or Flowers

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Which is understandable.....I absolutely adore pink lilies, I usually have a bunch on my fireplace,( real ones) but they are so expensive to buy, but they do last for days,
Haven’t bought them in a while now, I have a large white faux orchid in their place instead, saving me money.

Ooh Pauline, no, no lillies for me. Wouldn't have them in the house.
Not only do I not like the smell, but the pollen on the stamens is poisonous to cats and dogs.
Even if cats brush against the flowers and get pollen on themselves, when they groom and wash their coats it can make them very ill.

Here's some info if anyone is interested:

https://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions...poisonous-dogs
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 01:05 PM

I am not a fan of fake plants but I like dried flowers .

I used to have a beautiful arrangement which contained not only flowers but grasses and corn, I put it in the garage one Christmas to accommodate the gift of a huge Poinsettia and when I went to retrieve it field mice had eaten all the corn and grasses
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pauline, Don’t you find the scent of the Lillies overpowering?
...but then, l don’t like scented candles or plug-in air fresheners either.
I don’t even like seeing artificial flowers on tables in restaurants. I only like the real thing in everything!

In honesty, yes the fragrance of them can be overpowering, but as you know I live in my bedroom, so the smell doesn’t really affect me Art.

My son can’t tolerate the fragrance, also he suffers with hay fever ,so they aren’t in the house when he arrives, to be honest I haven’t bought lilies in months.
Only Daffodils and tulips.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am not a fan of fake plants but I like dried flowers .

when I went to retrieve it field mice had eaten all the corn and grasses
Sorry Meg....I found that funny,😂🤣😅...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-04-2021, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ooh Pauline, no, no lillies for me. Wouldn't have them in the house.
Not only do I not like the smell, but the pollen on the stamens is poisonous to cats and dogs.
Even if cats brush against the flowers and get pollen on themselves, when they groom and wash their coats it can make them very ill.

Here's some info if anyone is interested:

https://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions...poisonous-dogs

I always cut my stamens off Mups, once the flower bud opens up....they are one of my favourite flowers...thanks for the information.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 01:13 PM

In honesty, yes the fragrance of them can be overpowering, but as you know I live in my bedroom, so the smell doesn’t really affect me Art.

My son can’t tolerate the fragrance, also he suffers with hay fever ,so they aren’t in the house when he arrives, to be honest I haven’t bought lilies in months.
Only Daffodils and tulips.

Pauline, You live in your bedroom? No, l didn’t know that.
Don’t you feel like a hamster at times?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-04-2021, 01:17 PM

Pauline, You live in your bedroom? No, l didn’t know that.
Don’t you feel like a hamster at times?

...Do you know the amount of times I have tried to break the habit of living in my bedroom.

Old habits die hard....I just love the coziness of my bed, since I was divorced I started living that way....30 yrs now...

I’m in it now as I type.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 01:28 PM

...Do you know the amount of times I have tried to break the habit of living in my bedroom.

Old habits die hard....I just love the coziness of my bed, since I was divorced I started living that way....30 yrs now...

I’m in it now as I type.
You’re IN the bed? I don’t know whether to laugh or cry!!
No wonder your house is so tidy!!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

05-04-2021, 01:40 PM

You’re IN the bed? I don’t know whether to laugh or cry!!
No wonder your house is so tidy!!
My whole house is immaculate..except the bedroom, my dog lives in it with me, he is shedding hair night and day,...

He sleeps in his cage at night ,for some reason he doesn’t want to sleep on the bed anymore...he used to at one time, so not sure what happened, maybe my grinding of teeth and snoring have sent him over the edge.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 04:27 PM

I like them if they look real. I bought this years ago from Ikea.
I keep it on the shelving unit in my gym/playroom.

I don't know what it is but I think it looks quite realistic.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top