Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 09:21 PM

Re: Dream occupation.

Accountant.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Looking at the list of ideal jobs I wonder how many people could do or for that matter would in reality want to do.if the opportunity had arisen.
The one about looking after the Islands is a good one. I have seen a few of them about, but I think they really want a young family to boost the population.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
The one about looking after the Islands is a good one. I have seen a few of them about, but I think they really want a young family to boost the population.
Yep, when Shagged out, its time to review the CV.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Junior school teacher. Always wanted to do that, don't know why I didn't pursue it really. Though I'm not so sure I'd enjoy it today, with all the pressure of SATs and so on, keeping high up the league tables. It wasn't like that years ago.
Exactly what turned me off the job, and induced me to retire at the earliest opportunity at age 60.

If only one could see the future.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 11:26 PM

Complimentary Medical Practitioner - achieved all the necessary qualifications - couldn't afford the extortionate Public Liability Insurance!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 05:49 AM

Between the ages of 12 and 19 all I wanted to do was surf. I dreamed of waves that went forever but what I really wanted to do was to be a surfboard manufacturer. I also wanted to be a professional musician. In spite of all those dreams I ended being a social worker; then a psychologist. Good thing really because I had a profession but still got to be a musician and I still surf. So I guess my dreams really did come true. Oh..sorry..I never did become a surfboard maker. No regrets.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 07:47 AM

I loved drama at school I wanted to be on the stage....I suppose most kids do.
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 07:53 AM

cowboy !!
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 09:42 AM

Blacksmith, after watching the local chappy bending white hot iron in the village Smithy when I was a kid.

I did forge-work as part of a Metalwork O - Level, but I couldn't get an apprenticeship.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 11:27 AM

My offering was partly tongue in cheek but if pushed it's something that I'm pretty sure I could do. Glad I didn't but ----

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top