Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2021, 02:47 PM

Re: Chitting potatoes

Hi

Words of wisdom from my granddad.

Gardens are like women, the slower you take things the better the results.

The weather is all over the place, waiting a week or two is no great shakes.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
It's a fact that you have to be quite philosophical about gardening. You win some, you lose some, and as most of it is in the hands of the gods rather than yours, a shrug of the shoulders at the failures is all that you can do really.
That's true. I'm prepared to buy some Pink Fir Apples from the local shop if mine fail.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 12:06 AM

It's a fact that you have to be quite philosophical about gardening. You win some, you lose some, and as most of it is in the hands of the gods rather than yours, a shrug of the shoulders at the failures is all that you can do really.
In my case you lose some you lose some more!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 12:38 PM

Yes, best way Barry.
We can only do our best but some of it is still in the lap of the Gods, with bugs, disease and bad weather.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I chitted some Pink fir apple potatoes before planting in a large tub ten days ago, still waiting for any signs of shoots.
Did them about 5 seasons ago, lovely taste, a bugger to peel because of their knobbly shape.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top