Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2021, 10:43 PM

Re: Is Astra Zeneka TOO cheap??

It must be all about the money otherwise, why aren't all the pharmaceutical companies all making the same tried and tested vaccine? They all want to make a huge profit out of their own version that's why, nothing to do with vaccinating the World of course.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It must be all about the money otherwise, why aren't all the pharmaceutical companies all making the same tried and tested vaccine? They all want to make a huge profit out of their own version that's why, nothing to do with vaccinating the World of course.
Come on! There is no tried and tested vaccine they are all less than a year old - AZ is not suitable for people under 50 (especially women), Pfizer needs to be stored at -60'C. J & J seems to have the same problem as AZ.

You would need to be mad to concentrate on one vaccine at the moment. It has nothing to do with cost.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Come on! There is no tried and tested vaccine they are all less than a year old - AZ is not suitable for people under 50 (especially women), Pfizer needs to be stored at -60'C. J & J seems to have the same problem as AZ.

You would need to be mad to concentrate on one vaccine at the moment. It has nothing to do with cost.
I would love to see AstraZeneca's takings for the last three months.

If another company decided they could make the AZ vaccine to speed matters up, would AZ give them the formula? or even the permission?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 10:54 AM

If another company decided they could make the AZ vaccine to speed matters up, would AZ give them the formula? or even the permission?
Of course they will, CSL is making the AZ vaccine in Melbourne.

CSL = Commonwealth Serum Laboratories
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 01:21 PM

Last time l looked Brucy, blood clot issues run at +- •2% of
vaccinations of AZ. Injected??
That's even lower than the death rate from getting covid it's self !!
Much ado comes to mind ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-04-2021, 03:24 PM

Of course they will, CSL is making the AZ vaccine in Melbourne.

CSL = Commonwealth Serum Laboratories
Well that's good news if no payments were made for the privilege.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Last time l looked Brucy, blood clot issues run at +- •2% of
vaccinations of AZ
. Injected??
That's even lower than the death rate from getting covid it's self !!
Much ado comes to mind ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Are you sure about that Donks? Last time I looked it was 1 in 250,000 or 0.0004%
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 04:04 PM

AstraZeneca has already licensed the making of this vaccine worlwide, one example being the Serum Institute of India but there are many more such examples.
That's how AstraZeneca planned to provide a billion doses of their vaccine just to low- and middle-income countries alone, including use by Gavi and COVAX.

As I've said before, I strongly suspect that global big pharma upon seeing the risk of having their huge profits depleted have had something to do with the negativity we're seeing towards AstraZeneca.
I wish it were just cynicism, but I strongly suspect not.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->

AstraZeneca has already licensed the making of this vaccine worlwide, one example being the Serum Institute of India but there are many more such examples.
That's how AstraZeneca planned to provide a billion doses of their vaccine just to low- and middle-income countries alone, including use by Gavi and COVAX.

As I've said before, I strongly suspect that global big pharma upon seeing the risk of having their huge profits depleted have had something to do with the negativity we're seeing towards AstraZeneca.
I wish it were just cynicism, but I strongly suspect not.
Only strongly suspect? Although I have no data to back it up, my gut's telling me that Big Pharma IS behind all the negativity because of AZ's philanthropy in this case.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 04:08 PM

Well that's good news if no payments were made for the privilege.
You do realise that AstraZeneca have made a pledge that their vaccine will be not-for-profit during the pandemic, don't you?
So whatever funding is needed to enable production is kept to a minimum unlike every other global covid-19 vaccine producer whose sole purpose is to maximise profitability.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top