Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 09:32 AM

Re: Where will WW3 start ??

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Just spend the days being grateful you haven't seen 99 Red Balloons in the sky.

Well for my part of that Spit I am grateful every day for many things. I try not to take people or things for granted. But no 99 Luftballons yet.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Ok OGF then I will just settle on differing with you on this one. (In agreeance or not) I guess what I am talking about is principles. If I am going to hope and do what I can in my small way to work towards peace rather than war, the at the age of 68, I will continue to do so. So will my son, (24) and my neighbours kids (11 and 14) who are already very socially aware. Simply, world wars are never , again going to be like The Somme or Gallipoli. No more Lords Kitchener or Dining room or anything else. No more bayonet charges or heroics. If we are talking world war three – which is what the thread is about – A real world war; with all the nukes and all the horrible destructive power of everybody, there will be NOBODY left. No oldies, no young’uns, no animals or trees. Nothing. Maybe not even any water. Of course the most filthy, stinking, dribbling falling down rich of us may survive in their bespoke bunkers. How nice for them. They will probably start killing each other inside them then. Anyway on that basis looking at it logically if it affects everybody, then it’s everybody’s responsibility to try to stop it. That is what I think and it’s not going to change. You are of course perfectly entitled to think what you do. And I concede that I have no chance of changing your mind either It is an unbelievable Autumn day here. The breeze of soft, the sun is shining. The birds are singing and the sky is the colour of powdered sapphires. A comfortable and dry 25 deg cel. Why wouldn’t I fight to keep that!? So that's the end of my bit. Have a nice day – tomorrow. 😊
Trouble is keezoy, it's politicians who start wars, we are just the tools, so unless your son, yourself, and your neighbours kids are going into politics they will do nothing to avert any future conflicts. Just thinking about being a good citizen and pontificating on the forum will not bring peace to the world, so you might as well go out and enjoy that unbelievable Autumn day before you are too old to enjoy it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 11:57 AM

Hi

I have long been of the opinion, which I have voiced in meetings, that the only way to avoid war is to put those advocating it in the front line.

The Politicians in particular.

Shove Blair, Cameron and Boris into leading the charge.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 12:46 PM

As to where the next big one will kick off there's absolutely no doubt that it will be that demented old fool Biden who will start it.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I have long been of the opinion, which I have voiced in meetings, that the only way to avoid war is to put those advocating it in the front line.

The Politicians in particular.

Shove Blair, Cameron and Boris into leading the charge.
Nowt wrong with BoJo.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 04:44 PM

Events in Ukraine are moving slowly towards a major confrontation
between Russia. and the USA as US navy continues to approach
the entrance to the black sea to apply pressure to Russia to
To remove land forces and navy vessels from the western Ukraine
border!!
Russia has just warned the US to stay out of the black sea for its
own good !!
Could this situation cause the next war??

Donkey man! 🤔🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 04:57 PM

Joe Biden plans to remove the remaining US troops from
Afghanistan in may??
Another potential touchpaper event in that region as the Taliban
is refusing to participate in talks with the the elected Argan
government !
Just another place where Russia could be involved in confrontation
with our American friends???

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

14-04-2021, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->

Events in Ukraine are moving slowly towards a major confrontation
between Russia. and the USA as US navy continues to approach
the entrance to the black sea to apply pressure to Russia to
To remove land forces and navy vessels from the western Ukraine
border!!
Russia has just warned the US to stay out of the black sea for its
own good !!
Could this situation cause the next war??

Donkey man! 🤔🤔🤔
With that fool Biden as POTUS anything is possible. The heart of the matter is that the Crimea is part of Russia that was pumped in with the Ukraine for purely administration reasons as part of the dissolution of the USSR though traditionally it never had been. The Crimea provided the only access to the sea that was year long ice free.

When the Ukraine entered into a joined at the hip relationship with the EC the EC started to pile pressure in the form of sanctions and more to break the Ukrainian - Russian tie with the intent to prevent Russia having access through ITS land to ITS ports.

This illegal act will not be tolerated by Russia, nor should it, a thing that trump realised. Old fool Biden probably is unaware that the USSR exists no longer because of his incompetent mental state and will push his luck.

And set at least Europe on fire.

Oh yes, America is nobodies friend.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

14-04-2021, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
With that fool Biden as POTUS anything is possible. The heart of the matter is that the Crimea is part of Russia that was pumped in with the Ukraine for purely administration reasons as part of the dissolution of the USSR though traditionally it never had been. The Crimea provided the only access to the sea that was year long ice free.

When the Ukraine entered into a joined at the hip relationship with the EC the EC started to pile pressure in the form of sanctions and more to break the Ukrainian - Russian tie with the intent to prevent Russia having access through ITS land to ITS ports.

This illegal act will not be tolerated by Russia, nor should it, a thing that trump realised. Old fool Biden probably is unaware that the USSR exists no longer because of his incompetent mental state and will push his luck.

And set at least Europe on fire.

Oh yes, America is nobodies friend.

Well old goat or not Todgy, there is a missile cruiser and a very
competent looking aircraft carrier about to enter the black sea
in the next few days !!
Perhaps the intention is to sink them in the access canal and thus
deny access or egress to the black sea? LOL!
It's probably a mistake by US to put them in the black sea as
they will be isolated and very vulnerable there and won't be able to
move freely!
So it is probably a bluff by USA to do this??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

14-04-2021, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Well old goat or not Todgy, there is a missile cruiser and a very
competent looking aircraft carrier about to enter the black sea
in the next few days !!
Perhaps the intention is to sink them in the access canal and thus
deny access or egress to the black sea? LOL!
It's probably a mistake by US to put them in the black sea as
they will be isolated and very vulnerable there and won't be able to
move freely!
So it is probably a bluff by USA to do this??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Never play poker with a Russian.

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top