Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 01:27 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Test and Trace App.

I'd like an antibody test, I had really nasty virus in December, one daughter had the same, other daughter had even worse virus in January went to hospital with it.

Phoning thingy won't work, who's going to say their family member desperate to stay in work, struggling to cope, after months was chatting to them for 15 minutes?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 05:23 PM

Test and trace system kicks off in England and Scotland

Thousands of contact tracers are making their first phone calls to track down people who will be told to self-isolate under new test and trace schemes being launched in England and Scotland.

Tracers will text, email or call people who test positive with coronavirus and ask who they have had contact with.

Any of those contacts deemed at risk of infection will be told to isolate for 14 days, even if they are not sick.

Those who have already had the virus will also be asked to self-isolate.

The 25,000 tracers working for England's NHS Test and Trace team started by contacting the 2,013 people who tested positive for the virus on Wednesday.
However, shortly after launching, some tracers said they were struggling to access the system.

In a statement, the Department of Health insisted it had not crashed, adding: "Some staff did initially encounter issues logging on to their systems and these are rapidly being resolved."
Chris Hopson, chief executive of NHS Providers, said hospital trust leaders were questioning the risk being run by easing the lockdown without having local systems in place.

He also said it was "never going to be the case" that the UK would have a "world-class" test and trace system in place by June - in reference to a previous pledge made by Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

Mr Hopson said while work was progressing "at pace", the UK was "weeks behind where we really ought to be".
Another fine mess from Laurel and Hardy .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 06:40 PM

What if I am contacted by the tracers?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainer...eporting-story

Anyone deemed at risk of infection will be told to stay at home for 14 days.

You will be asked to self-isolate, even if you do not have symptoms, to stop you from unknowingly spreading the virus.

This means that you should not leave your home for any reason. If you need food or medicine, you should order it online or by phone, or ask friends and family to drop it off on your doorstep.

The people you live with won't have to self-isolate, unless they also develop symptoms, but they must take extra care around you regarding social distancing and hand washing.
The tracers can track down the contacts of 10,000 people every day, the government says.
So, the contacts have to self-isolate but their "contacts" (family, friends, etc) don't .....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2020, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I seriously doubt it. Epidemiologists are now saying that Covid-19 has become endemic, even if a vaccine is developed. In other words it is here to stay, just like measles, chicken pox and the common cold. They say that as the virus burns through the worlds population, some people will eventually develop a natural immunity. This however will take decades. A vaccine, will assist the human body in fighting off the virus, but not a total immunity.
I said lockdown is over not covid. Covid definitely isn't over. Hospital admissions are still happening. People are still dying. It's just that most of us are meeting outside now where it's more difficult to catch any virus.

The speed with which it moves I reckon it won't take decades to burn out. It's likely to be one or two years, depending on the mutation rate it will resurface in another form and possibly catch those who have already had it. Or maybe it won't. Once you have flu immunity you end up with a milder illness than you might have. It's still contagious but you don't have such a severe reaction.

We will have a treatment or vaccine soon so
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'd like an antibody test, I had really nasty virus in December, one daughter had the same, other daughter had even worse virus in January went to hospital with it.

Phoning thingy won't work, who's going to say their family member desperate to stay in work, struggling to cope, after months was chatting to them for 15 minutes?

Some info on the antibody tests, Tess.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...superdrug-buy/

As for the contact tracers, what if we were contacted and told to isolate because we had been too near someone, then the same happened again, and again? We'd never be out of isolation!

I can't see this working.
What if we had just stood close to a suspected 'positive' in a shop queue for example. The affected person wouldn't know us for Adam so how could he/she pass our names to to the authorities.

Then are people who have to isolate monitored, or are they 'presumed' to be isolating?

I shall just carry on as I am I think, and just be careful and keep to the 2 mtr rule. I can manage that easier than faffing about with Apps.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

29-05-2020, 03:03 PM

Who am I allowed to meet?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51506729

From Monday in England, you will be able to meet in groups of up to six people from different households outside - either in parks or now also in private gardens - as long as you remain 2m (6ft) apart. For example, you could have a barbecue in someone's back garden.

From Friday in Scotland, two separate households - up to a maximum of eight people - can meet outdoors, in a park or private garden. Social distancing rules still apply.

It means, for example, you could have a picnic in the park, or play a non-contact sport like tennis, golf or basketball, observing social distancing.

While people from different households are still not allowed to meet indoors, you can go through a house to access a garden. But you can't extend your visit to stay overnight.

However, if you needed to do something like use the toilet during a visit, you would need to wipe down and clean everything afterwards, to lower the risk of transmission of the virus.

Meanwhile, anyone who is shielding and has been asked to stay at home should continue to do so.

In Wales, the BBC understands that people from two different households will be able to meet each other outdoors from Monday.

Groups of four to six people who do not share a household can meet outdoors in Northern Ireland, although outdoor weddings with 10 people present may be allowed from 8 June.
With all the to-ing and fro-ing that will now, undoubtedly, ensue, I suggest that, since we're all waiting for the tracing app () everyone should take notes of their movements and contacts - mobile phones may be used for mapping with confirmatory photos .....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2020, 10:40 PM

I'll stick to common sense and logic - they've served me well so far!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 08:03 AM

Hi

Track and Trace is not ready.

Serco have messed it up.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 10:02 AM

Thanks Mups!

Is there any point in having the app unless you think you have symptoms?
Those people who have the virus and no symptoms won't bother.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

30-05-2020, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Is there any point in having the app unless you think you have symptoms?
There are TWO track and trace systems being implemented in England - but only ONE is in effect - the manual system:
  • Someone takes a COVID-19 test and proves positive
  • That person then notifies the tracers, supplying details of contacts
  • The tracers noftify the contacts and advise whether to self-isolate or not

The app system is still being tested on the Isle of Wight - its effective date is uncertain.

Both systems SHOULD be working in conjunction to be successful.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...k-coronavirus/

On May 27, the UK revealed details of its manual track and trace system. For now, this is without a contact-tracing app. The UK's Test and Trace chief, Dido Harding, refused to put a timeline on when the app would be launched.

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top