Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 08:55 AM

Re: William & Kate

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Funny thing is that William is starting to look like a King his wife has always looked like a Queen.
No she hasn't, no one knew of her until Will started "Dragging" her around.

Sorry, don't usually do Royal jokes but, this word association is a right problem, must be dragging up emotional burdens.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 09:39 AM

Well it’s subjective she has a dignified graceful demeanour fitting for the last Queen of Great Britain .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2021, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Well it’s subjective she has a dignified graceful demeanour fitting for the last Queen of Great Britain .
Well IMO he has a built in sneer and she is a hard faced dog. That's not because I have such a objective opinion but because of how they come across on the visual media and the MSM plus their talks and public pronouncements which is the only return we get for the fortune they cost us. As for their kids - looking at the boy I believe that kid has many problems. The girl? Time will tell but there certainly genetic oddities in the whole rotten herd of them.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Well IMO he has a built in sneer and she is a hard faced dog. That's not because I have such a objective opinion but because of how they come across on the visual media and the MSM plus their talks and public pronouncements which is the only return we get for the fortune they cost us. As for their kids - looking at the boy I believe that kid has many problems. The girl? Time will tell but there certainly genetic oddities in the whole rotten herd of them.
Remind me never to ask you how I look in a given dress .

My understanding is that the royal family brings in several fold times the amount of money that they cost. I don't have a problem with the institution if your country thinks it to their benefit to maintain it.

I don't however, understand why the family is allowed to hold any wealth outside of a salary and how they invest it. All other assets - jewelry, real estate, art, furnishings, autos, etc. should be on loan at the pleasure of the citizens. It is theirs to use with gratitude and care, but only the use is passed down, not ownership. Essentially, the entire estate of the Queen should essentially be held in leasehold, not fee simple.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Remind me never to ask you how I look in a given dress .

My understanding is that the royal family brings in several fold times the amount of money that they cost. I don't have a problem with the institution if your country thinks it to their benefit to maintain it.

I don't however, understand why the family is allowed to hold any wealth outside of a salary and how they invest it. All other assets - jewelry, real estate, art, furnishings, autos, etc. should be on loan at the pleasure of the citizens. It is theirs to use with gratitude and care, but only the use is passed down, not ownership. Essentially, the entire estate of the Queen should essentially be held in leasehold, not fee simple.

The Windsor's do NOT bring anywhere near the same as they cost the Treasury, that is pure propaganda.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2021, 11:11 AM

Celebrate 10th wedding anniversary 29th April.

https://www.ok.co.uk/royal/celebrate...etons-23636997

Speaking exclusively to OK! in the collector's issue, royal expert Duncan Larmcombe reveals the couple have gone through rows and tension like any other married pair - but have survived stronger than before.

“It’s impossible to underestimate just what an achievement this milestone represents,” says Duncan.

“William and Kate have got through 10 years of marriage and royal duties without so much as a moan.

“Like any couple, they’ve had their ups and downs, their rows and tensions. But their commitment to the Queen and to this country has been unwavering… and the controversy over Meghan and Harry’s departure from the UK has made that even clearer.
Ouch!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top