Join for free
Page 11 of 14 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 10:41 PM

Re: Freedom of speech

I'm glad Parler is back though I don't have an account.

There are a lot of really grotesque ideas and hate out there, but I am one who is more interested in KNOWING who is saying that garbage than censoring it. That way society can babysit the brainstem thinkers enough to make sure they aren't acting out their radicalism.

The re-emergence of Parler is also a lesson to Apple and the like that they are neither the the judge nor the jury of free speech.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 10:46 PM

I wonder if Trump will go on Parler, now he is essentially a private citizen. I know he did want to join one of those sites as "Person X" but wasn't allowed by his aides.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2021, 11:24 PM

Will you walk into my parlour said the spider to the fly.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 10:09 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ese-firms.html

Money talks, is it preferably to keep these schools open rather than see them close.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2021, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ese-firms.html

Money talks, is it preferably to keep these schools open rather than see them close.
The Chinese seem to be doing the same thing as the loony Labour party: bending the minds of our young people.
They're not stupid.
Conquer young minds whilst they're young and naive, then you have them.
Our only hope is that with age and experience will come realisation.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 12:05 PM

Just read about this.

A pastor is arrested for quoting the bible, someone reported him to the police for it.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=pastor...ANAB01&PC=LCTS
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Just read about this.

A pastor is arrested for quoting the bible, someone reported him to the police for it.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=pastor...ANAB01&PC=LCTS
Yes, I read about that some time ago.

I'm not sure exactly what 'crime' he has been charged with.
Not surprisingly, I have seen no follow-ups in the press so I suspect that it has been brushed under the carpet just as so many things seem to be these days.

Needless to say, I have not heard of any muslim preachers being arrested or even warned by the police. They're too afraid to do anything like that!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2021, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I read about that some time ago.

I'm not sure exactly what 'crime' he has been charged with.
Not surprisingly, I have seen no follow-ups in the press so I suspect that it has been brushed under the carpet just as so many things seem to be these days.

Needless to say, I have not heard of any muslim preachers being arrested or even warned by the police. They're too afraid to do anything like that!
Sorry should have made more clear.

This happened 6 days ago outside Uxbridge station.

He was released with no charges.

Why don't the cops use what little brain power they have?

A Vid of it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nts-Bible.html
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

04-05-2021, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Sorry should have made more clear.

This happened 6 days ago outside Uxbridge station.

He was released with no charges.

Why don't the cops use what little brain power they have?

A Vid of it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nts-Bible.html
Good. Although I'm not in the slightest bit religious, I'm glad to see that he was released with no charges.

More to the point, I think he should be complaining about unnecessary arrest.

I agree that the police are going the right way about turning the general public against them, right at the time when they could do with all the public support they can get!
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

05-05-2021, 06:08 PM

wasn't it the Greeks who introduced 'freedom of speech' and democracy and govt by the people; with the people and for the people model? - well they may have spear -headed that one but they seem to be languishing these days - perhaps they've come up with a better model? the rest of us seem to be messing up the one they passed on? Is speakers corner in Hyde Park still going strong - that seemed to encapsulate it for me? there stood true democracy and then perhaps we tried to sell it to the rest of the world?

Page 11 of 14 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top