Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 04:36 AM

Re: Homeless People.

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
I don't think anybody will get a lot of sympathy from the Todger!
Ya think?
He makes the grinch look cute and snuggly.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
But someone needs to give the man a rod and show him how to fish....?
It's hardly rocket science. Bit of string with a worm at each end. If he can't figure it out then he's in the right place where he is.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Luckily you were born male and probably had more options than girls or women that are raped & abused. Put up with it or get hard? How does a 5, 8, 12 or 16 year old girl fight off a 225 muscle bound man determined to get his rocks off?
You always have these simple solutions and lack of empathy for anyone. That’s great that you had the opportunity to get away. Not everyone does. It’s a well documented fact that most homeless people have serious mental disorders. Yep! They should just buck up or put up.
La growl.
If they have a serious mental disorder many options exist in this country.

If it's a girl being sexually abused at home then tell someone or stab the bastard - or preferably both.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It's hardly rocket science. Bit of string with a worm at each end. If he can't figure it out then he's in the right place where he is.
Lovely to have this alternative view, Todger, but I really hope you are never in the position to need help from someone. No man is an island and all that.....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Luckily you were born male and probably had more options than girls or women that are raped & abused. Put up with it or get hard? How does a 5, 8, 12 or 16 year old girl fight off a 225 muscle bound man determined to get his rocks off?
You always have these simple solutions and lack of empathy for anyone. That’s great that you had the opportunity to get away. Not everyone does. It’s a well documented fact that most homeless people have serious mental disorders. Yep! They should just buck up or put up.
La growl.
A 5,8 or 12 year old cannot but these are not the people you see on the streets .Many are drug addicts or have mental issues .These are not people that are easily housed .
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Lovely to have this alternative view, Todger, but I really hope you are never in the position to need help from someone. No man is an island and all that.....

I tend to disagree.. I always hope people with this kind of attitude get into trouble and find out whats its really like first hand.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 02:20 PM

Someone I know had a small flat in immaculate condition. He knew of someone who was homeless a friend of a friend. He took this man to his flat and offered him the flat for free on condition he pulled himself up , came off the alcohol and drugs. Yes free .

2 months later the bloke left the flat , the condition was appaling , filthy stinking and holes punched in the walls and full of excrement.

He posted his video on face book locally telling landlords NOT to offer their place to this inhuman being .

That's gratitude for you
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 02:28 PM

I wonder what state the hotels were left in after the last lockdown when they were taken from the streets .
I wouldn’t have liked to be the one tasked with cleaning up after them .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Someone I know had a small flat in immaculate condition. He knew of someone who was homeless a friend of a friend. He took this man to his flat and offered him the flat for free on condition he pulled himself up , came off the alcohol and drugs. Yes free .

2 months later the bloke left the flat , the condition was appaling , filthy stinking and holes punched in the walls and full of excrement.

He posted his video on face book locally telling landlords NOT to offer their place to this inhuman being .

That's gratitude for you

I would imagine it was the addiction ,that made him that way,Susan,....a real addiction, is nearly impossible to overcome, plus you have to “ want it” badly ,to overcome it...you are truly never free from addiction,( you have realisation of it).....but once free from it, you know the signs of that addictive path you used to tread,

Drugs and alcohol......are destroyers of people....if it becomes an addiction........very sad for some....

Maybe instead of free from it, it should have read, knowledge .like an awakening up to it, and it’s destructiveness....” addiction “
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 02:42 PM

"See the person, not the behaviour" is what was instilled in me.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top