Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 11:39 PM

Re: Homeless People.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
To be perfectly honest if you were in dire need of something and it cost me nothing I probably would do what I could to help.
Since there is cost to everything, even if it is a few seconds of time or the burning of some extra energy....

you have helped people despite the cost.

Look at you being a decent human being, Todger!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
A 5,8 or 12 year old cannot but these are not the people you see on the streets .Many are drug addicts or have mental issues .These are not people that are easily housed .
Yes but quite often it’s people who have had horrendous upbringing and end up with mental disorders who then become homeless. Not ALL of them but a lot of them. They end up self medicating and spiral downhill. I agree! They aren’t easily housed but Artful Todger over simplifies this problem by a long shot. ( in my opinion )
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Yes but quite often it’s people who have had horrendous upbringing and end up with mental disorders who then become homeless. Not ALL of them but a lot of them. They end up self medicating and spiral downhill. I agree! They aren’t easily housed but Artful Todger over simplifies this problem by a long shot. ( in my opinion )
Some people are born survivors, some are not. They are born victims and exploit it.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Since there is cost to everything, even if it is a few seconds of time or the burning of some extra energy....

you have helped people despite the cost.

Look at you being a decent human being, Todger!
I'm talking money.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Some people are born survivors, some are not. They are born victims and exploit it.
Are you actually saying that some victims ,know that they are a victim?
Born a victim?
If you are ,I completely disagree with you.

You can be a victim and not even know it, if you have been brought up in abuse, the whole of your life, you are the victim of abuse, you know no different.....therefore you play it out ,unknowingly.because that’s all they have ever known.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

12-02-2021, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Are you actually saying that some victims ,know that they are a victim?
Born a victim?
If you are ,I completely disagree with you.

You can be a victim and not even know it, if you have been brought up in abuse, the whole of your life, you are the victim of abuse, you know no different.....therefore you play it out ,unknowingly.because that’s all they have ever known.
Their problem.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top