Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 01:56 PM

Re: Interacting with others.

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I like being on a forum.

Even in quiet times I can sit here, like the Pope, and smile at the screen, for the benefit of everyone out there!

I'm doing it now

Look>>>>>>>>>
that made me smile Ted ....
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 02:19 PM

Im not really a people person. Internet works for me because I can switch them off, put them on ignore or walk away if it gets too much ....and it often does..
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Im not really a people person. Internet works for me because I can switch them off, put them on ignore or walk away if it gets too much ....and it often does..

Same here.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 02:41 PM

I have never been one for mixing with and interacting with others preferring my own company.
When leaving home for the last time, my son persuaded me to mix with people online otherwise I would not have done so left to my own devices.

Lockdown seems to have reinforced this unsociability and I am not sure how I will cope having to mix again with the great unwashed once a more normal way of life returns assuming it ever does.
Jane10
United Kingdom
Jane10 is female 

11-02-2021, 04:26 PM

Chatting on forums is a lifeline during lock down. Sometimes it feels like I've been chatting all day. I don't like argumentative threads though. Life is hard enough without bust-ups with complete strangers.
Petra
Essex
Petra is female  Petra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 06:50 PM

We are very sociable, love entertaining. OH is a fabulous cook so he's missing that very much. We have doorstep chats with neighbours, or, we look out of the window at the front and they look through theirs so we can see each other while we are on the phone. It helps a bit.
I do spend a lot of time on the phone each day.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Yes, I know what you mean,Cass,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have never been one for mixing with and interacting with others preferring my own company.
When leaving home for the last time, my son persuaded me to mix with people online otherwise I would not have done so left to my own devices.

Lockdown seems to have reinforced this unsociability and I am not sure how I will cope having to mix again with the great unwashed once a more normal way of life returns assuming it ever does.

Nothing wrong in being that way ,if it suits you,Meg, I’m not always sociable, I like my me time, but the good thing about here, as and when it suits us, so there’s no pressure,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

11-02-2021, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jane10 ->
Chatting on forums is a lifeline during lock down. Sometimes it feels like I've been chatting all day. I don't like argumentative threads though. Life is hard enough without bust-ups with complete strangers.

Well said, Jane, I agree,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

11-02-2021, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Petra ->
We are very sociable, love entertaining. OH is a fabulous cook so he's missing that very much. We have doorstep chats with neighbours, or, we look out of the window at the front and they look through theirs so we can see each other while we are on the phone. It helps a bit.
I do spend a lot of time on the phone each day.

Lucky you ,a husband that can cook, I’d be in heaven if I was you!....lucky girl.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top