Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:01 PM

Re: Interacting with others.

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Same here.
You miserable old bugga, Rox.... only joking,
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have never been one for mixing with and interacting with others preferring my own company.
When leaving home for the last time, my son persuaded me to mix with people online otherwise I would not have done so left to my own devices.

Lockdown seems to have reinforced this unsociability and I am not sure how I will cope having to mix again with the great unwashed once a more normal way of life returns assuming it ever does.

I really understand this.. At the moment there is no need for excuses or hiding away , no one has coffee mornings, birthday , wedding or 'any excuse you like' parties, there are no awful neighbourhood BBQ's or invites to pop in and see us at the camping!
No pressure to join a club or talk to other people in the 'same boat' etc..

I can walk my dogs , read my book potter about do a bit of writing and generally enjoy my own space.

Not sure how I will cope with the whole people thing once this passes ( if it ever does)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I really understand this.. At the moment there is no need for excuses or hiding away , no one has coffee mornings, birthday , wedding or 'any excuse you like' parties, there are no awful neighbourhood BBQ's or invites to pop in and see us at the camping!
No pressure to join a club or talk to other people in the 'same boat' etc..

I can walk my dogs , read my book potter about do a bit of writing and generally enjoy my own space.

Not sure how I will cope with the whole people thing once this passes ( if it ever does)
Cass I am so glad I am not alone, I hear stories of those poor souls who are desperately lonely during lockdown and I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me enjoying solitude.

It's been great and not needing to find excuse to avoid attending social functions .
I had a visit from some 'long lost' relatives in 2019 and seeing them coming I hid in the garden but they telephoned my son and said the car was on the drive where was I so I had to let them in
No fear of unwanted guests at the moment
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Cass I am so glad I am not alone, I hear stories of those poor souls who are desperately lonely during lockdown and I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me enjoying solitude.

It's been great and not needing to find excuse to avoid attending social functions .
I had a visit from some 'long lost' relatives in 2019 and seeing them coming I hid in the garden but they telephoned my son and said the car was on the drive where was I so I had to let them in
No fear of unwanted guests at the moment

You hid in the garden......😂🤣😅....I must be honest, I have a spy hole in my front door, saw who it was, when they knocked and didn’t answer the door,
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
You hid in the garden......😂🤣😅....I must be honest, I have a spy hole in my front door, saw who it was, when they knocked and didn’t answer the door,
I have one too and tried the same. Forgot I had squeaky floorboards though and they knocked even harder.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

11-02-2021, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I have one too and tried the same. Forgot I had squeaky floorboards though and they knocked even harder.

What are we like,Pixie,😂🤣😅
Petra
Essex
Petra is female  Petra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:34 PM

Pauline. He not only does all the cooking, he food shops as well. I've never enjoyed cooking or shopping for food, he does.
Even when he goes away for 'jollies' with the boys he makes sure I'm well stocked in the freezer.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

11-02-2021, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Petra ->
Pauline. He not only does all the cooking, he food shops as well. I've never enjoyed cooking or shopping for food, he does.
Even when he goes away for 'jollies' with the boys he makes sure I'm well stocked in the freezer.
I’m jealous....hand him over to me!!....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top