Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 11:47 PM

Re: Thought Experiment

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
I thought this exercise was a complete waste of time;
Thinking outside the box. I like it, PooBear.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Why? Does Spitty do thought experiments?
Something like that!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2021, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Something like that!
Perhaps he and I should collaborate on my next project. Two heads are better than one, they say. Even if one of them is his.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

15-02-2021, 12:06 AM

I know it's only 11:00 pm, but I've looked out of my window and everything seems as it should be, so I'm off to to bed without any troubling thoughts.

Please carry on without me.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 12:37 AM

I’d probably think I was in a dream .
Answer to Q1 ...S1a
No need to consider Q2
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 12:38 AM

I would also sleep

But maybe I would consider contacting the fashion police?!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 12:50 AM

My first thought was that if this man is the age stated and naked, he probably doesn't know where he is or maybe even know who he is. Following on from this I think the most likely reason is that he is suffering from dementia and has somehow wandered from a facility close by. The mini me teddy bear also suggests dementia or a similar condition which is characterised by infantile behaviour or another much more complex psychiatric condition. The camping stove and tent may suggest either a more general mental illness - probably schizophrenia. Or it could suggest somebody has kicked him out of home and left him in a random spot with the bare necessities. (In his case after I'd taken care of the man's welfare I would be after them for elder abuse holding a very heavy book that I could throw at them) Tabby's response is the same as mine. I'd call the local mental health team and let them take care of the situation. I would not call the police myself. Although in my state - and all the others in Australia I think - Emergency mental health calls usually get patched through to the police anyway and they turn up but usually hang back unless they're needed. I guess the procedure is similar there. Maybe not. Above and beyond all of this it could simply be a sick joke on you. You will not know until you investigate further. I certainly wouldn't be ignoring the man.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Perhaps he and I should collaborate on my next project. Two heads are better than one, they say. Even if one of them is his.
Sorry Harbal, no can do, I've got enough to think about.

Been shifting some of my workload for years.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 10:07 AM

Am I looking at the Gnome in my garden ?

Or has someone dumped a garden ornament ?

If so I would just go back to bed after all it is 1a m.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 10:33 AM

Firstly, no man naked or otherwise could get access to my lawn without first going through the house and the door is locked at night .

The lawn at the front is open to the lane and shared with a neighbour , the man could be something to do with her.

So I would open the window and for the sake of common humanity throw him a blanket in case he was cold then go back to bed

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top