Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 07:18 PM

Re: Thought Experiment

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
My first thought was that if this man is the age stated and naked, he probably doesn't know where he is or maybe even know who he is. Following on from this I think the most likely reason is that he is suffering from dementia and has somehow wandered from a facility close by. The mini me teddy bear also suggests dementia or a similar condition which is characterised by infantile behaviour or another much more complex psychiatric condition. The camping stove and tent may suggest either a more general mental illness - probably schizophrenia. Or it could suggest somebody has kicked him out of home and left him in a random spot with the bare necessities. (In his case after I'd taken care of the man's welfare I would be after them for elder abuse holding a very heavy book that I could throw at them) Tabby's response is the same as mine. I'd call the local mental health team and let them take care of the situation. I would not call the police myself. Although in my state - and all the others in Australia I think - Emergency mental health calls usually get patched through to the police anyway and they turn up but usually hang back unless they're needed. I guess the procedure is similar there. Maybe not. Above and beyond all of this it could simply be a sick joke on you. You will not know until you investigate further. I certainly wouldn't be ignoring the man.
Your concern for the mental health of the man on the lawn does you credit, keezoy, but please let me put your mind at rest on that score. The man on the lawn is not mentally ill; in fact, the man on the lawn is Dave, my assistant, who helps me with my experiments.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 08:01 PM

As I have no lawn Id know it was just a dream and go back to sleep.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Your concern for the mental health of the man on the lawn does you credit, keezoy, but please let me put your mind at rest on that score. The man on the lawn is not mentally ill; in fact, the man on the lawn is Dave, my assistant, who helps me with my experiments.
OK. Mental health was my profession for thirty plus years so..You can take the boy out of the job but you can't take the job out of the boy. Glad Dave is alright. So now I will go back to bed.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Glad Dave is alright. So now I will go back to bed.
Dave's not talking to me at the moment. Something to do with what I said about his legs.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 10:36 PM

Depending upon the time of year i.e. the temperature, I would probably take a couple of chairs outside and a couple of mugs of tea, sit beside him and ask him what he's doing on my lawn in the middle of the night, and proceed to tell him all about my life as a runner......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 10:40 PM

Oh, well why didn't you say? In that case I would probably join him on the lawn (naked of course)
Harbal
South Yorkshire

15-02-2021, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Oh, well why didn't you say? In that case I would probably join him on the lawn (naked of course)
Dave is a very tactile person; very hands on. Do you mind being handled?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2021, 11:06 PM

Dave is a very tactile person; very hands on. Do you mind being handled?
does he have Hob Nobs?
Harbal
South Yorkshire

15-02-2021, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
does he have Hob Nobs?
He's not fussy, he'll have any sort.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 01:18 AM

How cool is this! Good to get us thinking, Harbal.

If you read my first response, don't tell what I concluded.

I might possibly have it...

Q1. Up to what point of the scale from S1 to S1d would you just return to bed, hoping that everything would be back to normal in the morning?

I would check on this man, but shrug my shoulders. Illuminated in the light, he looks ghastly pale, but a little nudity never hurt anyone, I suppose. Back to bed for me.

Up checking again, it would give me a good laugh to see him sandals. Somehow that doesn't seem to fit his personality, being a nudist or some such. I am a bit relieved about the umbrella. Under the comforter I go....

Once again I check from my warm and toasty room, despite this poor man being so obviously cold. If he wants to be out there frozen to death, what am I supposed to do? Live and let live...

But....at SD

What is this? A campsite? A tent? A camping stove?

This is outrageous! ENOUGH! We all have our limits....

I am running outside in a flash.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top