Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 10:20 PM

Re: Strange unexplained light

Not wishing to upset you in any way, LD, but it could be due to posterior vitreous detachment, something which I suffered from.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/floate...s-in-the-eyes/

A single flash of light is nothing to worry about, I might add. It is certainly not uncommon. It is all explained in the link above.

If it should happen again or become worse, I'd advise having a word with an optician who will no doubt assure you that there is nothing to worry about. It might be accompanied by seeing 'floaters' as well.

As I mentioned, I had it and mine became sufficiently bad that the experts at the eye hospital offered to do a vitrectomy, which I had, as apart from making my vision worse it would have eventually led to a detached retina - an emergency situation which, if untreated, would lead to loss of sight.

Please don't worry about it. Just keep an eye on it (if you'll pardon the expression).
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone

Put me in mind of this song!

Floyd?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You have the same light as me, LD
A woman of taste.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A woman of taste.
Off course!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 10:25 PM

Floyd?
Yep, great song Comfortably Numb
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-02-2021, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Not wishing to upset you in any way, LD, but it could be due to posterior vitreous detachment, something which I suffered from.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/floate...s-in-the-eyes/

A single flash of light is nothing to worry about, I might add. It is certainly not uncommon. It is all explained in the link above.

If it should happen again or become worse, I'd advise having a word with an optician who will no doubt assure you that there is nothing to worry about. It might be accompanied by seeing 'floaters' as well.

As I mentioned, I had it and mine became sufficiently bad that the experts at the eye hospital offered to do a vitrectomy, which I had, as apart from making my vision worse it would have eventually led to a detached retina - an emergency situation which, if untreated, would lead to loss of sight.

Please don't worry about it. Just keep an eye on it (if you'll pardon the expression).
Yes, I remember you having a procedure JBR. I have had (very slight) flashes in the past and I do have a floater. It is something I have considered and it's a less worrying than aliens taking me off for probing.

It just seemed to go on for a bit too long if you know what I mean.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2021, 10:32 PM

Yes, I remember you having a procedure JBR. I have had (very slight) flashes in the past and I do have a floater. It is something I have considered and it's a less worrying than aliens taking me off for probing.

It just seemed to go on for a bit too long if you know what I mean.
OK, if you're familiar with the flashes due to pressure on the retina, perhaps it's something else - something I have found an interesting phenomenon: ball lighting!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-02-2021, 10:35 PM

OK, if you're familiar with the flashes due to pressure on the retina, perhaps it's something else - something I have found an interesting phenomenon: ball lighting!
Is ball lightening Bluey white? It was definitely electrical.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-02-2021, 10:50 PM

Is ball lightening Bluey white? It was definitely electrical.
I've never been privileged to see it, but yes, I have read descriptions which describe it as bright bluey-white. Theorists think it is related to electricity, of course.
A fascinating subject.

Was there a thunderstorm taking place at the time?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-02-2021, 10:56 PM

I've never been privileged to see it, but yes, I have read descriptions which describe it as bright bluey-white. Theorists think it is related to electricity, of course.
A fascinating subject.

Was there a thunderstorm taking place at the time?
No, I looked out to see if there was any lightening but there wasn't.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top