Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 12:37 PM

Re: Strange unexplained light

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Definitely a ghost. A ghoulish wraith invading your home. So..who you gonna call!......Finish the sentence.
An electrician?.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
As a matter of interest-
radiation zipping through eyes are like subatomic bullets. When a "bullet" strikes the retina, it triggers a false signal that the brain interprets as a flash of light.
Interesting. Do you have access to any papers on the subject. As a radiographer, I never experienced that sort of thing although, of course, there's radiation and there's radiation.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
So! Did you see anything last night?
No... I tried to recreate the scene but with no success.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-02-2021, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Strange lights come and go, you've just got to wait until you see something concrete.
I was plastered at the time.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-02-2021, 12:42 PM

As a matter of interest-
radiation zipping through eyes are like subatomic bullets. When a "bullet" strikes the retina, it triggers a false signal that the brain interprets as a flash of light.
Now that's interesting. We do live in a high Radon area.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Here's a picture of my stairs. the light appeared on the skirting board on the left, under the photographs. The adjacent door was shut as was the door ahead. There were no lights on.
That looks like you have a glass panel in your front door and the light could have been someone shining a slim torch through your letterbox while they looked for a hall table where car keys are sometimes kept. Many cars have been stolen over night via that easy car collection route and a long reach key collector.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I was plastered at the time.
Ah!
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2021, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Interesting. Do you have access to any papers on the subject. As a radiographer, I never experienced that sort of thing although, of course, there's radiation and there's radiation.
Nope, I just heard an astronaut describe the on going effect inside their capsule-which they had to live with.
It stuck in my mind because I had experienced similar with some force that even my ears heard it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-02-2021, 08:42 PM

Nope, I just heard an astronaut describe the on going effect inside their capsule-which they had to live with.
It stuck in my mind because I had experienced similar with some force that even my ears heard it.
Ah, gamma radiation, I assume.

That's far less common and far less strong here on Earth.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-02-2021, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
That looks like you have a glass panel in your front door and the light could have been someone shining a slim torch through your letterbox while they looked for a hall table where car keys are sometimes kept. Many cars have been stolen over night via that easy car collection route and a long reach key collector.
Thanks LD, that also crossed my mind but the front door is directly in front of me as I came down the stairs. I'm pretty sure I would have seen that first??

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top