Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 12:18 PM

Ear cropping

Why or why do idiot people want a cropped eared dog?
If people refused to buy these poor creatures, they breeders would not crop any more if they didn't sell.

I have heard two different reports about this, with reports of this mutilation increasing by between 350 - 600% now, inspite of this practice being made illegal in the UK back in 2006.

I can't imagine what those poor puppies go through.
Here is one report, but there are many more.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-51235693
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 12:35 PM

Re: Ear cropping

I've heard about this from watching dog progs on TV. It's barbaric & evil & illegal too. Can't the breeders be prosecuted & banned from keeping dogs?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I've heard about this from watching dog progs on TV. It's barbaric & evil & illegal too. Can't the breeders be prosecuted & banned from keeping dogs?

I entirely agree with you Tiff.
They said this morning on telly that the maximum sentence is 6 months. I bet they don't get anywhere near that even.

Why or why in this day and age are dogs still considered of so little importance in the eyes of the law.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 02:29 PM

I thought that this was already illegal in the U.K.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-02-2021, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I thought that this was illegal in the U.K.

I said that in the first post Muddy. It's been illegal in this country since 2006.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 02:32 PM

I have never heard of this before - it is totally barbaric!

Maybe someone should do it to the breeder and see how they like it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 02:34 PM

Sorry Mups I didn’t pick it up .
The poor animals and how do they get around the pit bull legislation .
These oversized staffies are basically pit bulls .
The cropped ears it to make them look even mo4e Brutish .
There should be far more legislation on dog breeding and I would like to see the return of the dig licence.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-02-2021, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Sorry Mups I didn’t pick it up .
The poor animals and how do they get around the pit bull legislation .
These oversized staffies are basically pit bulls .
The cropped ears it to make them look even mo4e Brutish .
There should be far more legislation on dog breeding and I would like to see the return of the dig licence.

Apparently some breeders are saying they do it to help improve the dog's hearing for them!!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Apparently some breeders are saying they do it to help improve the dog's hearing for them!!
Now that is absolute rubbish, as fine well we know! They do it to improve the profile of the dog, i.e make the dog look more attentive and fierce.

Edit - Sorry Muddy, you basically said that. Maybe I should get my ears cropped to be more attentive
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-02-2021, 02:57 PM

Like I said, if people had the sense to refuse to buy these pups, the practice would stop when they couldn't get rid of them.
So in that way, the buyers are as bad as the breeders.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top