Join for free
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 12:26 AM

two beauties.

Here's two for y'all to try. The first one is a variation (my own) on traditional Middle Eastern Falafel. Variation in that it contains meat and different spices. The second is a totally non politically correct and artery hardening but to die for dessert to be eaten once in a blue moon only. They are both my own creations.

KEEZBALLS.

INGREDIENTS

2 cups of dried chick pees. DO NOT use canned or cooked ones. It will not work.

300 - 400 grams of finely minced beef or pork. You can use beef or pork sausage meat but it has to be good quality

Handful of fresh cilantro leaves chopped

Several stems of dill chopped up

One small onion chooped up finely

7-8 garlic cloves finely chooped or minced with some Mirin seasoning.

One heaped tablespoon of raw sugar

One Heaped tablespoon of cummin powder

One heaped tablespoon of Moroccan seasoning

One heaped tablespoon of ground coriander.

One teaspoon of cayenne pepper

Two teaspoons of baking powder

3 tablespoons of plain flour

Rice bran oil.

METHOD

Soak the chick peas in water and 1 tsp baking powder for at least twenty hours. When done, strain them and pat them dry.

Mince the garlic and onion first then throw it, the chickpeas, meat, herbs and spices flour and second teaspoon of baking powder into a large processor and combine until mixed well.

Transfer mixture to a container and refrigerate for an hour before using.

Heat oil in a large pot . Using wet hands, mould the mixture into golf ball sized balls and cook a few at a time in the hot oil just until nicely browned then drain them. Don't crowd the pot but cook all the balls in the same way and allow to cool.

When all balls are cooked place 3 or 4 at a time on a plate and microwave them on high for a minute but no more so the inside is nicely cooked. You should end up with 12 - 14 balls.

Eat them hot or cold in any way you like.

Coming next.."Sweet Sin"
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 12:31 AM

Re: two beauties.

Sounds delicious. What about those of us who do not microwave ?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 12:57 AM

That's not a problem Tabby. The microwave bit is my own preference because I like them really well cooked and firm all through. But if you just cook them in the oil so that the outside crust is nice and brown that is enough. The very centre maybe a little softer but it won't affect the taste. Also try making the balls a little smaller so the heat doesn't have to penetrate as far. Maybe three and a half cms in diameter. And!.....

SWEET SIN

This is a marquise. Normally chocolate. I like caramel. It is easy and delicious.

INGREDIENTS

100 grams of caster sugar

100 grams of brown sugar

Pinch of salt

125 ml of water

60 grams of butter

250 mil pure cream

METHOD

Combine the sugars, salt and water in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until boiling

Simmer for about 10 minutes until it's frothy.

Add the butter and stir for 5 minutes until melted

Add the cream a little at a time and stir until it's smooth and creamy

Put the mixture into a heat proof bowl and freeze it overnight. You can eat it like ice cream or have it with anything you like.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 02:27 AM

I want this now!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 02:49 AM

Keezoy, I am thinking about modifying to make a vegetarian version . I'll let you know how it goes. We don't have Moroccan spice though. What's in it?

You are killing me with the dessert. It sounds fabulous!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I want this now!
Definitely!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

04-03-2021, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
That's not a problem Tabby. The microwave bit is my own preference because I like them really well cooked and firm all through. But if you just cook them in the oil so that the outside crust is nice and brown that is enough. The very centre maybe a little softer but it won't affect the taste. Also try making the balls a little smaller so the heat doesn't have to penetrate as far. Maybe three and a half cms in diameter. And!.....

Thank you!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

04-03-2021, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->

SWEET SIN

This is a marquise. Normally chocolate. I like caramel. It is easy and delicious.

INGREDIENTS

100 grams of caster sugar

100 grams of brown sugar

Pinch of salt

125 ml of water

60 grams of butter

250 mil pure cream

METHOD

Combine the sugars, salt and water in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until boiling

Simmer for about 10 minutes until it's frothy.

Add the butter and stir for 5 minutes until melted

Add the cream a little at a time and stir until it's smooth and creamy

Put the mixture into a heat proof bowl and freeze it overnight. You can eat it like ice cream or have it with anything you like.
I can feel my waistline expanding just reading this!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top