Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 12:17 PM

Re: £2,607,767.67 spent on new Downing Street media briefing room

Omah, l don’t know how you can complain about the amount of money the Conservatives spend. When it’s a well known fact that Labour just spend, spend, even selling the gold reserves and there wasn’t even a pandemic going on!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 12:19 PM

Having watched the Downing Street briefing from what looks like a hallway with an ancient carpet and no room for socially distanced journalists, their equipment and essential technology maybe a decently equipped briefing room is long over due
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Omah, l don’t know how you can complain about the amount of money the Conservatives spend. When it’s a well known fact that Labour just spend, spend, even selling the gold reserves and there wasn’t even a pandemic going on!
Labour aren't in power - now that Cummings is gone, Carrie, BJ and the cronies are .....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
To me there is something unedifying about those who complain about every penny others spend particularly when the full details may not be obvious.
It's the same with those who complain about that which others own or earn, I don't care.

For most of my 72 years I have owned very little and there have been times when I have not had enough to eat, clothes to wear or a roof over my head but I envy no one, money and possessions have always been of little importance to me.

It must be awful to go through life thinking only of those things you don't have instead of appreciation the things you do have .
Good post Meg, my thoughts exactly.....
The money spent on the decoration of number ten or the briefing room would not equate to just one nurses salary......Talk about the media winding up the public....
How about reclaiming some of the tax owed by the big multinationals...Now that would be a help....And what about Richard Branson absconding to foreign parts with his stash, earned mainy from the British public....Now there's a scoundrel if ever I saw one.... Not only did he come cap-in-hand when his airline got grounded, he went and bought an island! Not like he's short of brass is it. He could probably buy Boris and the government...If he hasn't already...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 12:24 PM

Hi

Not quite as simple as it seems.

Politicians spend a mint on themselves whilst telling the rest of us to accept austerity.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Labour aren't in power - now that Cummings is gone, Carrie, BJ and the cronies are .....
Well, that’s because no one wants Labour running this country, so they don’t vote for them!

Errrm, remind me when they were last in power?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good post Meg, my thoughts exactly.....
The money spent on the decoration of number ten or the briefing room would not equate to just one nurses salary......Talk about the media winding up the public....
How about reclaiming some of the tax owed by the big multinationals...Now that would be a help....And what about Richard Branson absconding to foreign parts with his stash, earned mainy from the British public....Now there's a scoundrel if ever I saw one.... Not only did he come cap-in-hand when his airline got grounded, he went and bought an island! Not like he's short of brass is it. He could probably buy Boris and the government...If he hasn't already...
I thought you were a Yorkie. OGF??
Look after the pennies and the quids will look after themselves ??

Donkeyman! 👍🤗🤗👍
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Apparently, the average wage is £31,000 per annum for a qualified registered nurse with experience.

It would take such a nurse 84 years to earn £2,600,000 .....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Having watched the Downing Street briefing from what looks like a hallway with an ancient carpet and no room for socially distanced journalists, their equipment and essential technology maybe a decently equipped briefing room is long over due
No need for social distancing with virtuality Meg ??
Social distancing?
Is that another name for class distinction??

Donkeyman! 👍🤗👍
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

06-03-2021, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Apparently, the average wage is £31,000,000 per annum for a qualified registered nurse with experience.

It would take such a nurse 84 years to earn £2,600,000 .....
I wonder what Jeremy Kyle "earns" or Naga Munchety ??

Donkeyman! 👎🤔🤔👎

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top