Join for free
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 05:26 PM

Curry beef mince pie

Click image for larger version

Name:	187DC744-D4D9-4AFE-A168-98CA1774EA5A.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	14949

It’s a stodgy dinner tonight! My bad

Mince filling:
400g extra lean beef or lamb mince
1/2 medium onion , finely chopped
4 dry curry leaves ( crushed in oil with onions)
1 teaspoon garlic and ginger paste
1 teaspoon briyani mix (consists of whole cloves, star aniseed, bay leaves, fennel seeds, cinnamon sticks, Cardomon pods ground into a fine powder)
1/2 teaspoon pure chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon Tumeric powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
2 potatoes cut in small cubes
1/3 cup fresh peas
1/2 cup fresh chopped coriander
1/2 cup Roma tomato, grated
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt to taste

1 packet puff pastry

Pre-heat oven 200 degrees Celsius

On medium heat , sauté the chopped onion in the oil with the curry leaves, chilli (optional), briyani mix and ginger garlic paste for five minutes stirring constantly.

Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and cumin powder and stir on low heat for 2 minutes.
Add 1/3 cup boiling water to cook the spices. (Listen for the sizzling sound as you add the water) cook for 2 minutes stirring often.

Add the chopped tomato, cubed potatoes and peas and stir. Add salt. Cover and stir topping up with boiling water until the peas and potatoes are cooked and the water almost evaporated (about 12-15 minutes).

Then add the beef mince and cook until done ( 8 minutes- do not top up the water). Salt to taste and stir.
Add chopped fresh coriander and stir in.

In a suitable greased pie dish, line with puff pastry add the cooled filling. Cover well. Decorate as desired. Egg wash the top and pop in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes. Serve piping hot - enjoy!

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 11:31 PM

Re: Curry beef mince pie

For decades I thought curry meat pies were a bit of a joke but now they are an essential part of my freezer.

Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2021, 08:26 AM

Re: Curry beef mince pie

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
For decades I thought curry meat pies were a bit of a joke but now they are an essential part of my freezer.

That looks great
Try this homemade pie then! You’ll love it!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top