Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 08:52 PM

Re: Piers Morgan leaves GMB

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
even on telly you shouldn't have to feel like you are treading on eggshells because you have a different opinion than the one they want you to have. Freedom of speech is lost more and more as time goes by. As Baz said, thought police springs to mind, our thoughts are our own and what makes us all individuals. Agree or disagree shouldn't we be able to speak our mind?
His opinion carries no more weight than yours or mine. When we all have access to the same platform that Morgan has, only then should saying whatever you damn well like on the telly be allowed.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 08:55 PM

I think he wanted to quit for a while. But still....expressing an opinion shouldn't be grounds for having to leave.....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 08:56 PM

This thread about Piers,has already been started in tv and film,TAT.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
We can all express our opinions, but when we are doing it on national TV, we are expected to do it with a higher level of judgement. You never see me being controversial on the telly.
Like the BBC?
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Like the BBC?
Yes, I do like the BBC. In fact, I love the BBC.

The best value for money ever.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
His opinion carries no more weight than yours or mine. When we all have access to the same platform that Morgan has, only then should saying whatever you damn well like on the telly be allowed.
I think, like most of us, he could see right through her acting, the wiping of the tear, the caressing of the baby and her well thought out race card, which she knew full well would further the divide between whites and peoples of colour.

By airing their so called problems on TV, they made it public and everyone has the right to give their opinion, even Piers Morgan.

'Someone asked about the colour of the baby and I didn't want to live any more.' Yeah, right.

I bet the Palace are gutted they have already used the old 'crash in the tunnel' routine.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-03-2021, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Piers Morgan left Good Morning Britain.

GOOD!

Ofcom launched an investigation into comments made by Good Morning Britain host Morgan flowing Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Oprah interview.

Morgan insensitive comments during the show about Meghan’s claims to have had issues with her mental health.

The result a wave criticism, with OFCOM getting more than 41,000 complaints since Monday morning’s instalment of the ITV show.

ITV has confirmed Morgan has "made the decision to quit the show".

I'm delighted.

Now I'd like to see Naga Munchetty kicked out from BBC and for me this would be a GOOD day.

I agree with that bit.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 09:13 PM

By chance l recorded today’s GMB show as l wanted to know what the views were on the H&M interview.
I like Piers Morgan as he always says it, as it is... but this morning when he walked off the set during his spat with Alex Beresford. I didn’t think he would come back but he did.

I was shocked that he has quit the show.... or was he pushed?

GMB’s viewing figures are going to nosedive after this.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

09-03-2021, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think, like most of us, he could see right through her acting,
Maybe he could, and maybe he was right, but that's not the point. Unless he knows for sure, and can prove it, he should have confined himself to pointing out that the Princess Markle woman may or may not have been giving a truthful account. She is, of course, an actress, he could have added.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

09-03-2021, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I like Piers Morgan as he always says it, as it is...
Don't you mean as he thinks it is? I don't like Piers Morgan, because he doesn't usually say it as I think it is.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top