Join for free
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2021, 11:26 AM

Blackbirds are making their nests

Can you believe that?

My fat balls, that I have put out for the birds, are being eaten at a very quick rate...as well....blue tit is checking out my bird box..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2021, 11:32 AM

Re: Blackbirds are making their nests

The Wood Pigeons are nest building here as well.

I see them daily sitting on my fence with bits of twig and greenery in their beaks, then flying off up into next door's Conifers with all.

I saw my first lovely pink blossom tree in bloom yesterday too.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2021, 11:41 AM

Wood pigeons...that’s interesting, I have never seen a newly hatched pigeon,

I must google that...Mups, when I took my Jack for a walk a few days ago, I saw so much blossom trees in peoples gardens, i was annoyed that I never took my iPad with me....I don’t have a camera.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2021, 12:53 PM

I was only thinking this morning how much I love blackbirds .

My blackbird with an injured wing has brought many years of entertainment to my garden and the cheerful little song of blackbirds is always a delight.

The blue tits are back checking out the nest box in my garden, I hope they nest like last year
Baby leaving the nest..

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2021, 01:06 PM

I had a very inquisitive Robin about a foot from me while I was filling the bird feeders. He then went higher in the bush & sang in my ear, noisy sod.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top