Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 03:24 PM

Re: Do we

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Have you got an air fryer,Bathsheba?....coconut rice and that pineapple sauce sounds yummy.....I make my own sweet and sour sauce, then freeze what is left.
Yes Pauline, and I wouldn't be without it! Although the pineapple sauce and coconut rice I cooked in the traditional manner on the hob.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I suggest you check that the oven is turned on, pauline, it should have been done ages ago.
It's a slow cooker.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think ‘taste’ is everything. Some people can cook a nice looking meal but it has no taste.

The biggest compliment you can get is, when someone asks, for a spoon for the the remaining gravy, or asks oif it’s ok to lick their plate!!
Have you had Spitty round again?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

14-03-2021, 03:33 PM

I wouldn't say I was a good cook but Mrs LD often says she prefers my food to anything she can get in a restaurant. I suppose you can get used to anything eventually.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I have been cooking since the age of 15....I am a self taught cook...
I forgot to add ,like Art, I was taught domestic science at secondary school, which I must say,I excelled at.
My son has been to many restaurants as a business man, he told me none of them came close to my food, only a couple, I think the meal cost £300 for two.those that were better than mine.

There are plenty of chefs/ cooks out there....but as my son said to me, the proof is in the eating.....

I think because the word “ chef” is mentioned ,some automatically think their in for a great meal....unfortunately that is not always the case. of course sometimes it is........also reviewing a restaurant is a good way to find a good one....we have an Indian restaurant here....people come miles for their food....I believe it’s in the good food guide...not sure though...
How wonderful Pauline! Your son is spoiled hey
Please do share some of your recipes and pictures of your meals with us on the Food and Drinks tab! I love trying new recipes so I would love to try yours out

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top