Join for free
Page 38 of 45 « First < 28 36 37 38 39 40 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 02:07 PM

Re: The Vindictive Nastiness if the EU

Bounty of Serbian vaccine diplomacy shames the EU

"The programme’s success goes beyond Serbia’s nearest neighbours. I asked a German businessman, awaiting his second jab at a Belgrade vaccination centre, when he might get one in his home country. “Our vaccine rollout is a national embarrassment,” he replied, “especially considering the shot I am getting was invented in Germany”. He expected Germany’s failure to vaccinate its citizens more efficiently would cause a reassessment of its devolved federal system. "

https://www.ft.com/content/81fc28aa-...b-80dc93a9e985

Yes it's in the FT so I don't know how much non-subscribers can read.
It has a £1 for 4 weeks trial, otherwise what I've posted will have to do you.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 03:47 PM

https://capx.co/the-musical-chairs-f...-about-the-eu/

All in all, then, the summit represented several things: the EU’s Gormenghast-like obsession with ritual, a characteristic of many fading powers; the absurdity of having a plethora of presidents; the shockingly undiplomatic behaviour of the President of the European Council; and the way in which Turkey is, quite understandably, stepping back from its relationship with an unreliable neighbour.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...al-contractors

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...-von-der-leyen

Appalling.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 04:15 PM

It's in the express, need I say more?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
It's in the express, need I say more?
Yes you need.
Like: what in the report is incorrect?
Try arguing the subject and not the bearer of the news for once.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
And even such an outrageously ineffecient etc organisation was able to shackle the mighty UK and it took you 5 years to escape? Says something about the british, don't you think?
It’s really hurting uh?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 04:52 PM

Her time in German defence ministry regarded as a failure.

The weakest minister, comment from former European Parliament President Martin Schulz.

The "consultant affair," as it has become known in Germany, raised concerns about wasted expenditures and nepotism within the Defense Ministry from 2015 to 2016.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2021, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
It’s really hurting uh?
That we had to wait for 5 year for you to muster your courage? Yep!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

14-04-2021, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Her time in German defence ministry regarded as a failure.

The weakest minister, comment from former European Parliament President Martin Schulz.

The "consultant affair," as it has become known in Germany, raised concerns about wasted expenditures and nepotism within the Defense Ministry from 2015 to 2016.
I was wondering what, given the choice, I would prefer. To have an organisation that is slow, due to making every purchase transparant, trying to get the best deal for its members. After all, it is a trade organisation.

Or

A government wasting time to avoid annoying big businesses, taking the highest death toll of all european countries. That spends billions for ppe by handing contracts to neighbours and pub buddies. That does the same on a track and trace app that is not able to trace the money spent on it.
That shows former pm john major how to get into public money.

You, of course, prefer the latter, because that is the british way. I fear you would have lost that if you had remained, but would your citizens have been worse off?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

14-04-2021, 05:41 PM

Germany’s Social Democrats called Ursula von der Leyen an “inadequate and inappropriate candidate” to lead the European Commission.

Friends in high EU positions.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

14-04-2021, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Germany’s Social Democrats called Ursula von der Leyen an “inadequate and inappropriate candidate” to lead the European Commission.

Friends in high EU positions.
Possible british candidates like nigel farage were never present in parliament to be nominated. Remember, the UK was still represented in europarliament at the time von der leyen was chosen. I can still envisage farage giving his speech on how he loved von der leyen (nigel seems to prefer german women)

Page 38 of 45 « First < 28 36 37 38 39 40 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top