Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 07:38 AM

Does anything resonate?

Taken from an article by Judy Finnigan.

WITNESSING Prince Harry's journey into "wokeness" is like watching a Disney fairy tale in reverse: no longer the story of a Sleeping Beauty awoken from her long cursed slumber by the kiss of a handsome prince, but a new revised 21st-century version, fashionably gender-fluid, in which the recumbent beauty is a duke long-trapped by a cursed obligation to his wicked queen, who keeps him in luxury as long as he obeys her rule to stay out of politics.

Then one day a beautiful Hollywood princess kisses his lips and he's transformed from an old-fashioned Prince of Albion who enjoys rugger, stag parties and naked billiards in Las Vegas, into a virtue-signalling Prince of Prigs who enjoys lecturing everyone on climate change.

Now, ensconced in his amazing Californian castle, he sits with his princess (in a rustic part of his garden far away from the swimming pool which could ignite envy from watching serfs) and tells the subjects of his new country how to vote in their upcoming election, even though he is not a citizen of that country.

They should vote against hate-speech he says, and everyone knows he means "Don't vote for Trump" because his princess has said the president is "divisive" and "misogynistic".

And back in the old country his words caused consternation, because his granny is never political or indiscreet and that's why she's so popular.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 08:27 AM

Re: Does anything resonate?

He's caught between a rock and a hard place, a plush hard place, most people caught don't have choices but, that's the way it is.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 08:30 AM

Is he still trying to stay relevant? I mean....talking politics in these times really isn't the best way to stay under the radar, is it?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 08:42 AM

I feel sorry for him..

I think this fairy tale will not have a happy ending and his beautiful princess will turn into a wicked witch. Time will tell.....poor Harry
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 09:27 AM

As our friend "the Todger" often says...."Not our problem"..
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 09:37 AM

I don't feel sorry for him I'm afraid. He's not a child, he's 36 years old, he's served in the military, and frankly should be pretty street wise and clued up by now. Yet he didn't take account of MM's acting abilities when they met, and doesn't seem to notice how she is manipulating and moulding him into what she wants. He's weak, and he was ripe for the picking.

There certainly won't be a happy ending for PH, but I reckon MM will be as happy as a pig in muck with all the money she'll make from this alliance.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 09:49 AM

Plus the money she will make from his kids. Not only in maintenance, but I imagine she will be quite a pushy mum. That is complete supposition on my part - I may be wrong.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Plus the money she will make from his kids. Not only in maintenance, but I imagine she will be quite a pushy mum. That is complete supposition on my part - I may be wrong.
I think you may be right. She's certainly a pushy wife, so I think it's a perfectly reasonable supposition to expect her to be a pushy mum as well.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 01:18 PM

And yet --- there's a great deal that Me-again says that rings true.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

14-03-2021, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
And yet --- there's a great deal that Me-again says that rings true.
There's probably a great deal the Queen and wider RF could say, which would probably also ring true. This whole situation, and everything that has led up to it, has been very one-sided in the media, because the RF have continued to maintain a quiet and dignified position throughout. Can you imagine them stooping so low as to have a 2 hour televised interview about the problems they've had with her?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top