Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 03:25 PM

Re: Does anything resonate?

I think The Harry and Maggot saga will run for a very long time
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Taken from an article by Judy Finnigan.

WITNESSING Prince Harry's journey into "wokeness" is like watching a Disney fairy tale in reverse: no longer the story of a Sleeping Beauty awoken from her long cursed slumber by the kiss of a handsome prince, but a new revised 21st-century version, fashionably gender-fluid, in which the recumbent beauty is a duke long-trapped by a cursed obligation to his wicked queen, who keeps him in luxury as long as he obeys her rule to stay out of politics.

Then one day a beautiful Hollywood princess kisses his lips and he's transformed from an old-fashioned Prince of Albion who enjoys rugger, stag parties and naked billiards in Las Vegas, into a virtue-signalling Prince of Prigs who enjoys lecturing everyone on climate change.

Now, ensconced in his amazing Californian castle, he sits with his princess (in a rustic part of his garden far away from the swimming pool which could ignite envy from watching serfs) and tells the subjects of his new country how to vote in their upcoming election, even though he is not a citizen of that country.

They should vote against hate-speech he says, and everyone knows he means "Don't vote for Trump" because his princess has said the president is "divisive" and "misogynistic".

And back in the old country his words caused consternation, because his granny is never political or indiscreet and that's why she's so popular.
Excellent, and so very true!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by bathsheba ->
i don't feel sorry for him i'm afraid. He's not a child, he's 36 years old, he's served in the military, and frankly should be pretty street wise and clued up by now. Yet he didn't take account of mm's acting abilities when they met, and doesn't seem to notice how she is manipulating and moulding him into what she wants. He's weak, and he was ripe for the picking.

There certainly won't be a happy ending for ph, but i reckon mm will be as happy as a pig in muck with all the money she'll make from this alliance.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
And yet --- there's a great deal that Me-again says that rings true.
Anne Widdecombe put it in a nutshell. She said that the interview was like a Crown court case.

What we have heard is the prosecution giving their evidence and asking us to find a guilty verdict without hearing cross examination of the prosecution allegations or the defense's case.

And all that in front of a media Judge who is directing the hearing to a guilty outcome. You couldn't make it up.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-03-2021, 04:45 PM

Anne Widdecombe put it in a nutshell. She said that the interview was like a Crown court case.

What we have heard is the prosecution giving their evidence and asking us to find a guilty verdict without hearing cross examination of the prosecution allegations or the defense's case.

And all that in front of a media Judge who is directing the hearing to a guilty outcome. You couldn't make it up.
Is it at all possible that Oprah Winfrey might be biased in some way?
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 04:48 PM

Errm! I fink so.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-03-2021, 04:53 PM

Errm! I fink so.
Ooh, I am surprised.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Is it at all possible that Oprah Winfrey might be biased in some way?
I reckon she'll be the only winner in this sorry saga.

The picture is from a friend of mine. Says it all really ...

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	14989  
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-03-2021, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->

Well said. That image puts it all into perspective.

Of course, we must remember that the media are the ones who are spreading all of this nonsense.

Personally, I would prefer to completely ignore everything to do with MeAgain and her dog. If the media would leave it alone, the two of them would simply disappear into oblivion.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2021, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->

Indeed.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top