Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 02:24 PM

Re: Dog owners scared

Funny you should bring this up, on our local towns Facebook page there is a large post about how dog owners are feeling unsafe after being followed and watched. One couple have even had to change the route and drive elsewhere to walk their large dog . What the heck is happening to our country where we have to be on our guard just to exercise our dogs . We shouldn't have to live in fear of our dogs being snatched.

I despair of the world we live in more and more
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 02:52 PM

Starting or joining a dog walking group makes sense, safety in numbers.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I live in a small village where there are loads of dog owners .
Many never seem to allow the poor animals off the lead .
Mostly because they are aggressive and want to fight other dogs .we have not had any dog napping yet but I no longer tie my dog up outside a shop .

It's also illegal to let your dog off the lead unless it is in a designated area although not everyone in my area quite understands the concept.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Have you ever heard of anyone being convicted for dog theft ?
No and we never see a copper either.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-03-2021, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Starting or joining a dog walking group makes sense, safety in numbers.
Also, not sticking to a routine helps.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's also illegal to let your dog off the lead unless it is in a designated area although not everyone in my area quite understands the concept.
People round my way like to walk their dogs off leash because they get a kick of seeming to have control over big scary dogs. However smug turns to panic when they bump into another off-leash big scary dog, and a fight ensues.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
The concept of cleaning up after the dog also difficult to grasp expect others to avoid it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-03-2021, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
There was a report recently about lots of dogs being recovered from a travellers' camp. I don't remember hearing subsequently that anyone had been arrested or charged with dog theft. Probably impossible to identify which of the travellers was the culprit - so what do you do? Arrest the whole camp? That's how they get away with it. Then they move onto somewhere else and do it all over again.
'travellers' are above the law anyway.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-03-2021, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
The concept of cleaning up after the dog also difficult to grasp expect others to avoid it.

That has certainly increased tenfold since lockdown.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Never been a dog owner in the UK but if I was there with my best buddy, Tex and somebody tried to take him from me I think between the two of us we could take care of the situation. And even if we didn't prevail my god they would sustain some damage that they wouldn't get over in a hurry. I know Tex would die protecting me so I am prepared to do the same for him. There would be bits of dog napper from Brighton to Inverness..
Same here, Keezoy.

That's a might fine dog!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top